Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R200 RealSense Availability in Australia

Jason_S_5
Beginner

Hi All, 

I have done a quick search and couldn't find the answer to the following. Apologies if the answer exists somewhere here already. Please feel free to point me in the right direction if this is indeed the case. 

I ordered a R300 camera development kit the other day so that we can start working on our project. We however require the depth field length features of the R200. Sadly on the official website the countries of shipping do not list Australia for the R200 unit. 

Does anyone know of a equivalent stand alone camera, or a way to order the development kit with the R200 features in Australia?

Cheers,

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kfind1
New Contributor I

My ex-Professor in Robotics at Queensland University of Technology received an R200 in Australia in late January 2016, so it is possible to get them, but perhaps only for educational/research groups. There is hope!

0 Kudos
Joseph_A_3
Beginner

I need another f200 myself but they seems to have discontinued it for a sr300.... wish i bought a 2nd one earlier

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

The Kinect 2 would be similar, or even better than the R200, but it is a bit more expensive and larger. But it is available in Australia.

0 Kudos