Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R4 (v6.0) release of the Intel® RealSense™ SDK now publicly available

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

All public downloads for Intel RealSense technology are linked from https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download. You'll find:

DCM 1.4.27 HF2 (for F200 cameras), which supports the Windows* 10 Hello feature.
DCM v2.0.3 for R200 cameras. 

Intel RealSense SDK  v6.0.21.6598 (R4) for Windows* 8.1 and 10
and the Runtime Distributables for the R4 SDK. 

The R4 (v6) documentation is at https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?

What's new information can be found in the release notes and in Whats New in the intel RealSense SDK r4 v60

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Ariska_Hidayat
Beginner

Nice Info. Thx. :D

0 Kudos
Loren_B_
Beginner

I have an old SDK 4.0. I want to upgrade to R4 (SDK 6.0). My machine is 32bit. When installing it says it requires Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

The RealSense SDK has always been for 64 bit and Windows 8.1 and above.

0 Kudos
Loren_B_
Beginner

Dear Colleen,

Please see attached snapshot. You will find I use Win7 32bit with RealSense SDK. I don't use camera(s) and video related features but only speech recognition.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Tonderai_R_
Beginner

Hello

In the intel realsense v6 running on a 64bit machine. When I try to run the handanimation.unity example .I receive this error:

PXCSenseManager.Init: PXCM_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HandsViewer:Start() (at Assets/Scripts/HandsViewer.cs:59)PXCSenseManager.Init: PXCM_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HandsViewer:Start() (at Assets/Scripts/HandsViewer.cs:59) 

Hope you help.

0 Kudos
Robert_Oschler
Beginner

Is it absolutely necessary to uninstall the old SDK version first?  

Same question for the DCM.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

@Robert - v6 of the SDK will remove and update v5 of the SDK, but previous versions are best uninstalled first. Similiar with DCM 1.4, it should auto update from any version. But any time you have issues, it is best to remove the old, reboot, install the new, reboot.

0 Kudos
Ken_N_1
Beginner

I'm still unable to get my camera to do anything after an initial Flash of the light when I try to use it, then the light goes out and the camera doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Robert_Oschler
Beginner

@colleen thanks.

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

I read on the release notes that the emotion detection part was deprecated and will be removed soon. Why that? It was pretty good!

Is Intel planning to implement their own module for emotion recognition or do they just want to get rid of this part?

Does anyone know/can guess about this?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

@Arthur - Emotion detection can be done by using the face landmarks - and more effectively if you know your target audience since not all facial expressions are universal around the globe. Look at which facial expressions are generally moved during the emotion you wish to detect and simply track those landmarks.

0 Kudos
Ariska_Hidayat
Beginner

I was also a problem in the SDK R4. I can not run some examples in Unity5. which runs on Windows 10.

My problem is in: Unable to create the pipeline instance
0 Kudos
Brennon_W_
Beginner

Hi,

The depreciation of the emotion detection is disappointing. If you remove things because you believe there are alternate ways to perform the same function, a sample application for it goes a long way in helping sell that, and I am sure would be a welcome addition.

With respect to speech synthesis, my understanding is that it is provided by Nuance. Please correct me if I am wrong. Can you please verify that the licensed component parts of your SDK will remain in place - these types of agreements if they fail, put a lot of people at risk.

If Nuance is the supplier, can you verify if it is the Nuance TTS, or the Loquendo TTS engine in use?

If you guys have a wish list operating somewhere, I would like you to consider speaker identification as part of the SDK. Current implementations that I have researched are not really appropriate for consumer electronics.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

The download page isn't letting me get the offline package - it just downloads the websetup each time. We're using RealSense on 7 different machines and our internet connection isn't great so running the websetup so many times will take forever! Could you try to fix this please then let me know when you have? Thanks!

Edit: Managed to get it working: you need to right click > Save As on the offline installer link for it to download.

0 Kudos
Antonio_D_1
Beginner

Still can't get my camera to work this time on a brand new system. 

What do I need to do to get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Antonio, could you provide detail info so I can help you out? What kinds camera are you using? Can you run SDK_INFO in advanced mode and send me the result? Thanks!

Antonio D. wrote:

Still can't get my camera to work this time on a brand new system. 

What do I need to do to get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Antonio_D_1
Beginner

David sorry for the late response, saved the logs from the SDK INFO In advanced mode running on admin mode...
 The camera is a F200 

I get Error 4 on trying to install the latest DCM

Let​ me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Antonio

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Your camera is in recovery mode. Currently you cannot install the DCM. You need either find another camera or go to click.intel.com to replace this camera.

0 Kudos
Antonio_D_1
Beginner

So basically I have no other option?

Been asking for months I think I am way pass the 30 days limit but asked day 1it failed...

Ordering a new one in hopes that one will work well I've spend with taxes like 250 on this one and...

Not happy, seriously...

I see a lot are having this error and still don't understand why the installer forced a firmware update if 

the firmware checker said it was the latest...

Let me know if there is any other way I can solve this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

The SDK download link is dead: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2383​

Also, what camera is SR300 (Alpha) ?

0 Kudos