Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] Intel XDK login and authentication experiencing problems as of June 20...

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This issue was resolved in the middle of Sunday, the 21st. The system is now working correctly. We are very sorry for the outage.

---- original post ----

...logging into the XDK and authenticating with App Preview is working intermittently. The login and authentication system continues to experience issues. It is unclear, at this time, how long it will take to resolve this issue. Please have patience while this issue is being worked on.

As of Sunday the 21st there was some progress made with the login system, but there still appears to be some problems. Some people have been able to login, some have not and some are experiencing long delays. Please continue to have patience as this issue is worked on. Sorry, but I have no precise details on he problem, only that there is a known issue, that the issues is being worked on and there is no firm estimate as to when it will be fully resolved.

Also, regarding the offline behavior of the XDK, this is a known issue (that it does not behave well when working offline) and is something we have been working to improve with each release of the XDK. We are working to make offline use smoother (working without an Internet connection). However, there are some features of the XDK that simply cannot work without an Internet connection, to it is impossible to make the entire product work in an offline mode.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Rainer_S_
Beginner

I do hope you will change the sdk to work offline. 
This has taken too long for something we depend upon.
Or rather depended, since unreliability is not something I can afford. 

0 Kudos
Gaurav_D_
Beginner

I am also facing this problem. Not sure what is the issue.

Getting below error when I click on Account button in XDK:

"The login and authentication system is experiencing problems. It is unclear, at this time, how long it will take to resolve this issue. Please have patience while this issue is being investigated."

Attached is the screenshot. It will be good if Intel can fix it ASAP, not able to build apps because of it.

Regards.

Gaurav

http://www.gaurav-dhiman.com

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

How sad!

Just install to test it out and found it is down. Why cant it work offline? And sync when connected? Something to think of!

0 Kudos
Usman_S_
Beginner

how come i could login here but everytime i hit Signup or Login on the app it shows the message, it should work offline and sync later, come on guys i am on a deadline here :S

0 Kudos
Pavel_L_
Beginner

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Dario_C_
Beginner

Some sort of "local limited build system" is a foundamental feature we need. XDK is a great tool (and this is one of the greatest forums I've ever seen), but this limitation doesn't allow XDK to be used in a real production workflow.

0 Kudos
Dario_C_
Beginner

Some sort of "local limited build system" is a foundamental feature we need. XDK is a great tool (and this is one of the greatest forums I've ever seen), but this limitation doesn't allow XDK to be used in a real production workflow.

0 Kudos
Igor_P_1
Beginner

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and Intel XDK. I just installed Intel XDK to evaluate and eventually recommend to my team for mobile apps development, but ... I can not even evaluate, how to recommend for production use ???

All developers should wait for Intel to resolve internal issues? Does it make sense, or I understood something wrong?

Can anybody comment and explain please.

Thank you

Igor

0 Kudos
Mark_Zeng
Beginner

@Igor, no you're not wrong. Yes everyone now unable to proceed with work and this is not cool. Intel XDK team should really consider Offline workable of XDK. Luckily I'm using Ionic and now I'm using Ionic View to test my project. At least work can still on.

0 Kudos
Mark_Zeng
Beginner

Even local app Wifi testing, still need to login. This doesn't make sense at all.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

I am experiencing the same issue. Offline mode is really needed on the intel XDK.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks for the feedback regarding offline operation, we are aware of that limitation and have been making changes to the product to address this issue. Some (not all) of those changes are coming, ironically, in the next scheduled release; there are, as many of you have pointed out, many other offline improvements that can be made. We will continue to improve on this aspect of the product (working offline) in future releases of the product.

At this time the authentication system is still not working correctly. Again, there is no estimate as to when this will be resolved.

0 Kudos
luis_r_2
Beginner

hola saludos tambien presento el mismo problema saludos desde venezuela www.barinasventas.com

0 Kudos
Joe_W_Intel1
Employee

It should be back up now, though there may still be some issues with App Preview logins.  We'll keep at it.  Again, thank you for your patience!

Joe

0 Kudos
Dario_C_
Beginner

Working here, thank you guys!

0 Kudos
Mark_Zeng
Beginner

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Harold_A_
Beginner

Tuve el mismo problema este domingo. En algún momento logre acceder al programa pero no pudo generarme el spk de mi app. Después ya no me dejó entregar a mixpanel de control incluso no pude ver mis proyectos anteriores. 

0 Kudos
Venkatesh_K_1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm experiencing log in issues. It was working for some time before last night but since then suddenly I got the loading screen and saw authentication issue message. Guys I'm at the verge of critical delivery time, please help asap.

Thanks,

Venkatesh N

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Venkatesh, What error are you getting?  Please make sure your internet connection is proper. Not sure if you are a new user, but If you are a new user, you have to verify your email before you can login. If you are still experiencing the issue send the screenshot of your error and private message your account username and email.

0 Kudos
manishkumar_s_
Beginner

2 hours and still can't open intel xdk. aarghhhhh. please solve the problem or suggest me the alternative.

0 Kudos