Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

RF_ScenePerception - Unity project on R200 (HP Spectre) Unity 5.3.2

yosun
Innovator

Camera input appears, but no meshing. Not sure if this is a Unity compatibility issue or device issue 

PXCM_STAUTS NO ERROR

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This error is likely appearing because a script file in the SDK called SenseToolkitManager is checking for the presence of the camera and believing it to be absent.  I would speculate that when you run your project, it starts to run and then it hits this detection problem and although most of the project may appear to be running, the parts involving the camera functions are not.

I recently posted a guide on this forum about how to edit the SenseToolkitManager script (if that is indeed the cause of your PXCM error) to tell Unity "if you think the camera is missing, do nothing").  This allows the project to run properly.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/609373

Before doing that though, it may be wise to try to work out why the SDK might think that your camera is absent.  For example, ensure that the camera is plugged into a USB 3.0 port and not a USB 2.0 one.

0 Kudos
yosun
Innovator

RS R200 Camera is built into the HP specter device.. So can't exactly unplug usb

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I suppose that the SDK could be expecting to find the R200 camera attached to the USB 3.0 port and interprets its absence from the port as a missing camera, even though it is actually built into the computer.  

I don't personally have experience with using RealSense with machines that it is integrated into, sadly.  There has been precedence for problems of this nature in the past - the HP Sprout desktop with a built-in F200 is said to have its own particular implementation of the SDK that is not compatible with the regular SDK.

If the camera is essentially working and is only being disrupted by the PXCM_Status message, disabling that check for the camera in the SenseToolkitManager script may be a way to get your project running properly.   I would ensure that you have a full backup of your project folder first before attempting it so that you can easily restore if something goes wrong when doing the script editing.

0 Kudos
yosun
Innovator

this is in editor

Hi, it's returning PXCM_STATUS_NO_ERROR

and not actually the failed message... video out shows. controls panel only shows "quit"

0 Kudos
yosun
Innovator

documentation still says the RF_ScenePerception specifically requires unity 4.1 https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/sample_scene_perception_unity.html

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I had a look through the release notes linked to from the SDK web page.

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/8524/release_notes_realsense_sdk_2016_r1.pdf

I remembered that you said about there being no meshing.  In the "known issues" section of the release notes about scene perception, there was the following note:

Issue: The module may randomly return error during saving the mesh in Win32 configuration due to memory limitation

Recovery / workaround: Avoid saving a large mesh file in Win32.  In the next release the module will return dedicated error code to indicate this limitation. 

Another relevant part in the Scene Perception known issue notes may be "On devices equipped with integrated R200 camera and platform inertial sensor, enable inertial sensor support".

0 Kudos
yosun
Innovator

Well, I'm not actually even able to save a small mesh? No meshing at all? 

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Have you tried running the non-Unity C++ version of the Scene Perception sample that is packaged with the SDK?  This would indicate whether the trouble that you are having is specific to Unity.  

0 Kudos