Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Re:iOS

Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi.

I have successfully created andorid and windows app ,but not able to generate app for ios. Please let me know.. Am not able to add ios certificate in intel XDK. Following the tutorial but after apple developer login am not getting the certificate identity profile to generate now one. Please help.

Thanks

Abhigyan 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your app ID does not match what's specified in your developer certs. See the following from the detailed build log:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“Abhigyan”) has an AppID of “com.example.aequm.alok” which does not match your bundle identifier “xdk.intel.blank.ad.template”.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,StoreReports.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,StoreReports,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Try changing the App ID in the Build Settings to match what's in your provisioning file (e.g., "com.example.aequm.alok").

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you trying to build with the XDK build system, PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI?

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

XDK Build

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I wonder if you are seeing this problem > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/721721 <

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I am able to generate Android apk and Windows but not able to generate ipk  for iOS. Please help me for this .Is that any license required from Apple ??? Because am not getting the option  to add certificate and upload .csr file  on developer.apple.com .

Please help .

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, you need a developer's account with Apple to build an iOS app.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Do I need to purchase the license? I am not getting . Like android and Windows am able to generate without license.Because am following the intel xdk tutorials and there is option of certificate on developer.apple.com . But after  registering the account (free signup) on apple developer an not getting the certificate options.Please help.

*And if i'll use the mac os then ? can I use this(same) code in xcode and build ipk and install in my ios mobile??

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You need to purchase a $99/year developer license with Apple to generate the certificates that are needed by the Intel XDK build system (or for use with the PhoneGap Build service or to build an IPA with Cordova CLI). This is an Apple restriction, we are not able to change that or make it work any other way.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your all supports .

But one thing is not clear. Like I just want to generate IPA and install in my mobile only ,don't want to distribute it to anyone, So still license is required ?? And if I would like to purchase any license then what is the process? Am not getting any option for that.

Am not getting any option like "certificate Identifiers and Profiles" to create any certificate .

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, if you want to generate an IPA, regardless of how many devices you want to install it onto, you need an Apple Developer's account. No way around that. Apple does offer a free method but only by using Xcode directly to create simple apps. You cannot use Cordova to create a free IPA, you must get an Apple Developer's account, which costs $99 per year.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I need some help me javascript .could you please help.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, we don't have the resources to help you learn how to write code, we're here to help with the tool itself. There are many wonderful sites available to learn about HTML5, including W3C schools, edx, HTML5 rocks, and Stack Overflow. The XDK creates a standard Cordova app, so there's nothing special about the XDK JavaScript runtime environment, it's the same one that is used by PhoneGap and Cordova. It's often referred to as a "webview" which can be thought of as an embedded browser. The key is you are writing "client only" code, there is no server, just a JavaScript runtime, a bit like node, but without the node APIs, just the APIs you would find in a typical browser.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

How are you?

Actually now I want to purchase apple developer licence, Could you please provide me the link from where i can purchase that .

After that developer licence I guess I'll be ale to generate IPA.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Thnks.

Ok I purchased the license ,now please let me know the steps to build IPA

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

During build iOS am getting build fail error.So am not able to generate IPA.

I need your help.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please review the detailed build log, the last page of it usually will have a clue as to what failed. If you cannot figure it out, attach a copy of the detailed build log as a TXT file to this thread and I can take a look and see if there is anything obvious. In the meantime, you might try experimenting with your build settings to see if anything changes the results, and try building with PhoneGap Build, as well, especially because our build system is being retired at the end of June.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul

Below is build log ,

• Building a Cordova 6.2.0 application.
  • Using platform cordova-ios 4.1.1.
  • The application name is "StoreReports"
  • The package name is "xdk.intel.blank.ad.template"
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-statusbar" (2.1.3) installed.
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-device" (1.1.2) installed.
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-splashscreen" (3.2.2) installed.
  • Targeting iOS version 8.0.
  • Error: A build error occurred. Check the build log.

https://am-xdk2.s3.amazonaws.com/cust.9c8e1364-1fda-4de6-9352-6a8cc5bd9f83/app.a51e1a95-af88-4dd0-bdaf-44ffd10676f1/iphone/storereports.build.201705245435.txt?X-Amz-Expires=86400&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzENr%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaDFhm9wHWQHf63EvzDSKcA4z%2FO0vrvf5gwpxPlM7iPS1FAM9U%2FcMQPVKpigMQEl4tlD0aDgY2Z8r55qGCNCfADHcLQiMfMxLH2Zx42u...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your app ID does not match what's specified in your developer certs. See the following from the detailed build log:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“Abhigyan”) has an AppID of “com.example.aequm.alok” which does not match your bundle identifier “xdk.intel.blank.ad.template”.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,StoreReports.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,StoreReports,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Try changing the App ID in the Build Settings to match what's in your provisioning file (e.g., "com.example.aequm.alok").

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Thanks Paul,

Let me check

0 Kudos