Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Reactivating trial with license file

Franco_B_1
Beginner

Hi

I have a named-user licence for the Intel® Software Development Suite Student Edition for Linux* OS on my home machine (for which I paid $129).

I installed a trial on my office machine which expired. I want to re-activate this so that I can avoid a reinstallation.

I downloaded the *.lic license file from the registration centre and dropped it into the Intel/Licenses folder (which contains the expired trial license file)

But nothing happens - I still get "ifort: command not found".

Is there anything else one needs to do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You still need to add the path settings, e.g. by sourcing the compilers.sh in your installation.

0 Kudos
Franco_B_1
Beginner

Tim P. wrote:

You still need to add the path settings, e.g. by sourcing the compilers.sh in your installation.

Doesn't work. (Was in my bash.rc anyway.) Get:

Error: A license for Comp-FL is not available (-5,357).

fort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license.

There are no other license files in the installation.

0 Kudos
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Franco,

Evaluation license can only be extended for one month.

So, the license extension is not a long term solution.

Please refer to this LINK to convert the license to named-user.

If you still get problems on it, please submit the issue to Intel Premier Support (https://premier.intel.com) because your license info is secrete there.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

It is also a good practice to remove old licenses from the path and or directory to make sure the current license is used.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos