Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

RealSense SDK installer crash

Daniel_H_3
Beginner

I tried installing the sdk on my computer but I’m getting a problem.

It gets stuck in the slash screen, virtual memory keeps increasing, then the setup crashes (no error messages)…

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please provide information on your OS, the version of the SDK, and if you're using the web or offline installer?

0 Kudos
Tomas_S_
Beginner

Got stuck with exactly same problem. Did you manage to install it already?

I'm using Win 8.1 64 bit, with all latest updates. I've tried everything - DCM 1.2, 1.3, Online and Offline SDK installers all with exactly same result. Installer gets stuck even before showing wizard page. Installation package seems to be extracted to temp folder, and individual installers can be launched from there. But I have no clue which ones should be installed, in what order and  whether is it possible to do such manual setup at all.

After some 5 minutes of showing "extract configuration files" it gives UAC prompt and nothing happens afterwards - memory keeps growing (slowly but steadily) for Intel Software Setup assistant process  then the process crashes without installing anything.

0 Kudos
Daniel_H_3
Beginner

@Tomas

Well, in the end I just gave up and installed it in another computer instead.

I think it's probably a bug in the Intel intsaller. Someone from intel kindly guided me through troubleshooting an possible solutions but since the installer displays no error message and leaves no log behind, we didn't really get anywhere...

I had a similar problem with another Intel installer before, crashing in a very similar way also without any message or log. That time I solved the problem by connecting directly to the internet instead of connecting through the intranet (even though it was also an "offline" installer). Anyway, maybe trying something like that can solve the problem for you.

0 Kudos
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

Interesting!!! Thanks for Sharing this Daniel.

0 Kudos