Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Roadmap?

Neil_F_1
Beginner

Is a roadmap available for the Intel Realsense developments -- for example, the timing of new releases of the SDK? It would be most helpful to have some idea when we could expect a new drop of the development kit. It would also be helpful to know when, or if, new hardware is likely to become available.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Neil_F_1
Beginner

Since I posted this, I've done a bit more reading on the forum, and it seems this question has been asked several times before. Apparently it's not Intel's policy to release roadmaps to third party developers, and I can sort of understand why not. On the other hand, some schedule information about upcoming releases of the SDKs doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to want, and nor does it involve Intel releasing anything that could be considered proprietary.

To couch this in specific terms, is the next release of the SDK in January next year (2017R1), or will there be another release this year (2016Q4, I guess)? I'm asking this, in part, because it's gone awfully quiet over at Intel about what the future holds for RealSense...

0 Kudos