Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SDK issues

Indulekha_G_
Beginner

I have been working with the facial recognition sample code, and I can't get it to run. I have already added the reference to the dll file, and someone else has suggested that commenting out the two lines below will get it to work, which it does, however no database is created.

I have gone through the most recent SDK and even though it gives the same exact code as below for creating the storage, when actually investigating the member functions of recognitionConfig, neither CreateStorage or UseStorage are member functions.

recognitionConfig.CreateStorage(DatabaseName, out recognitionDesc);
recognitionConfig.UseStorage(DatabaseName);

How do you actually create and use the storage as I am assuming that recognition Config does not do that anymore?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Unfortunately the methods associated with database CRUD are not implemented in the current SDK for facial recognition, as documented here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/11/18/whats-news-in-rs-sdk-r5. Commenting-out those lines of code should allow the app to build and run OK, but the database functionality will not work as it did with the earlier SDK.

0 Kudos
Indulekha_G_
Beginner

Thanks for the response, both on this thread and my other thread! Would it be possible to revert to a previous SDK to preform facial recognition, as without a database, it doesn't seem possible to do facial recognition since there is nothing to compare the faces too?

0 Kudos