Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SR300 Preventing Computer Sleep

Eric_J_
Beginner

I recently received my SR300 dev kit. The camera is working wonderfully with Windows Hello and the SDK, but I can't get my computer to go to sleep with the camera attached to the USB port. When I tell the computer to go to sleep, it powers off briefly (about 4 seconds) and then turns back on. 'powercfg /lastwake' does not indicate the source the wake request, but it happens every time. If I disconnect the camera, no problems with sleeping. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried unchecking the "allow this device to wake the computer" everywhere that I can think of in Device Manager as it relates to the camera but that has had no effect. I have the latest DCM from Intel's site as well.

Windows 10 Pro - Intel i5-6600K - Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z170

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GTL
Beginner

I've got the exact same thing! My PC also wakes directly after I put it to sleep, without the SR300 there is no problem. I also tried powercfg /lastwake, but no success.

I hope there is a workaround since I use sleep all the time.

Windows 10 Pro 10586.318 - Intel 4670K - Asus Z87 Pro

Update

I installed the older DCM driver and now everything is working fine.

0 Kudos
lee_s_1
Beginner

I'm also experiancing this issue...

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
Eric_J_
Beginner

It does not seem to be affecting me anymore so I'm not sure what, if anything fixed it, nor can I prove that it was associated with the webcam. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Chuck_K_
Beginner

Just replaced an F200 with an SR300 camera and have the same issue with immediately waking the computer from sleep when the camera is connected.  Anyone have any ideas about the cause/solution?  I've run through all the usual Windows sleep diagnostics.

0 Kudos