Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Screen is too dark

diamondjo
Beginner
My screen has gotten so dark I can hardly read it. Sunday night a small child reached up on the table where my laptop was and pushed several keys. I saw the screen flickering and then it went back to normal. Until yesterday afternoon all was normal. I had unplugged my laptop to move to another room and when it reopened the screen is dark. I tried to use system restore with no success. The last thing I remember downloading was an Adobe update that was done prior to the child pushing keys. Anysuggestions on what to do would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kfed1021
Beginner
Quoting - diamondjo
My screen has gotten so dark I can hardly read it. Sunday night a small child reached up on the table where my laptop was and pushed several keys. I saw the screen flickering and then it went back to normal. Until yesterday afternoon all was normal. I had unplugged my laptop to move to another room and when it reopened the screen is dark. I tried to use system restore with no success. The last thing I remember downloading was an Adobe update that was done prior to the child pushing keys. Anysuggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

Have you tried taking your laptop to someone who can figure out what's wrong? It seems to me that there may be some damage to the screen even even before the child came pushing the keys on it. t was probably just a coincidence. Because if you've already done systerm restore and it did not return to the way it was, there's defintely some damage there. It may be better if you have your laptop checked by a professional.

Kat
Loss Fat Diet
0 Kudos
hanratty
Beginner
Quoting - diamondjo
it could be your monitor is meesed up. if you have another pc like a friends or another in the house try, hook it up to that and see if it works fine. thatll leave you with an answer to

is it the computer or the monitor?

if its the pc try checking the settings on the graphix card or the connection in the back.

if its the monitor you will most likely have to get a new one.

hope this helps

0 Kudos