Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Section 508 Compliance

larry-baker
Beginner
I am writing an order for an Intel software product, Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Windows, 2 seat floating license(part no. CSP999WFGE2). This is for the US Government. All purchases by the US Government of information technology must comply with Section 508 (http://www.section508.gov) to accomodate persons with disabilities. I must certify this compliance when I place the order. I can't really do that on my own. For example, paragraph 1194.41, Information, documentation, and support, (a), requires: "Product support documentation provided to end-users shall be made available in alternate formats upon request, at no additional charge." Do Intel development products comply with that requirement? Does Intel certify that their development products are Section 508 compliant?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings,

I donot know the answer to this question. I am going to send your question to a different team and will reply to you once I get an answer. Sorry that you have towait.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Hi Again,

I would like to know if you have a 508 form which you would like us to complete.

If so, Can you send it to me?

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings,

I received the forms from you. I understand that you would like to have an article about 508 compliance, as other users looking for this information can get information from.

Thanks for the information , I will update this post when the article is ready.

Thanks
Shamla

0 Kudos