cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean_R_
Beginner

Serial Number Not Valid - Community Licensing for Intel® Performance Libraries

Jump to solution

I registered to the Community Licensing for Intel® Performance Libraries and got a serial number, with links to download files. 

Having downloaded the MKL install package for Linux, I find it impossible to install the library as the serial number gets rejected; here is the message I receive during the installation process:

"The serial number you provided is not valid for product Intel(R) Math Kernel Library 2017 for Linux"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jean

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

For those who encounter the issue on Linux*:

We don’t have full support of spaces in paths in 2017 products. Please remove all the spaces from the path to the package.

Regards,

Noga

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

When attempting to install Intel MKL what do you use for activation? Do you choose to activate using a license file or using the SN (serial number) you received from Intel Registration Center? Can you please attach an image of the error message in a private message?

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

Light_Intel

BTW, I see that the product was installed on one system already. Are you trying to install it on an additional system?

Noga

Jean_R_
Beginner

Hi Noga,

Thank for your prompt replies. Let me answer both of your questions here:

1) I tried to activate with the serial number as well as license file, but neither worked so I removed the license file.

2) I can confirm that I have NOT installed this library on any of my computers. I just registered yesterday and tried to install it on my laptop, but it didn't work (as per my original message). 

Jean_R_
Beginner

I would really appreciate some assistance with this as I am left unable to install the library.

In case you sent me a serial number that was already being used by someone else, would it not be possible for you to reset the serial number linked to my account? 

Many thanks,

Jean

Light_Intel

I was able to duplicate your issue and have escalated it. I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Noga

Timothy_F_
Beginner

Has this been resolved? I have been having the same issue with neither the SN or license file working.

Jean_R_
Beginner

No this has not been resolved yet, though Intel have acknowledged / replicated the issue. 

Light_Intel

I need to see the installation logs. Please do the following:

# export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=/tmp/lic_debug.log

Run the installer

Please send /tmp/lic_debug.log to me. Make sure to do it in a private message to protect your information.

Regards,

Noga

Light_Intel

For those who encounter the issue on Linux*:

We don’t have full support of spaces in paths in 2017 products. Please remove all the spaces from the path to the package.

Regards,

Noga

View solution in original post

Victor_S_1
Beginner

Thanks.

I was with this same problem.

Regards,

Victor

Jean_R_
Beginner

Yes I can confirm that solved the issue for me:

Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved, please see BEST REPLY.