Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Serial Number Not Valid - Community Licensing for Intel® Performance Libraries

Jean_R_
Beginner

I registered to the Community Licensing for Intel® Performance Libraries and got a serial number, with links to download files. 

Having downloaded the MKL install package for Linux, I find it impossible to install the library as the serial number gets rejected; here is the message I receive during the installation process:

"The serial number you provided is not valid for product Intel(R) Math Kernel Library 2017 for Linux"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jean

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

For those who encounter the issue on Linux*:

We don’t have full support of spaces in paths in 2017 products. Please remove all the spaces from the path to the package.

Regards,

Noga

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

When attempting to install Intel MKL what do you use for activation? Do you choose to activate using a license file or using the SN (serial number) you received from Intel Registration Center? Can you please attach an image of the error message in a private message?

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

BTW, I see that the product was installed on one system already. Are you trying to install it on an additional system?

Noga

0 Kudos
Jean_R_
Beginner

Hi Noga,

Thank for your prompt replies. Let me answer both of your questions here:

1) I tried to activate with the serial number as well as license file, but neither worked so I removed the license file.

2) I can confirm that I have NOT installed this library on any of my computers. I just registered yesterday and tried to install it on my laptop, but it didn't work (as per my original message). 

0 Kudos
Jean_R_
Beginner

I would really appreciate some assistance with this as I am left unable to install the library.

In case you sent me a serial number that was already being used by someone else, would it not be possible for you to reset the serial number linked to my account? 

Many thanks,

Jean

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

I was able to duplicate your issue and have escalated it. I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos
Timothy_F_
Beginner

Has this been resolved? I have been having the same issue with neither the SN or license file working.

0 Kudos
Jean_R_
Beginner

No this has not been resolved yet, though Intel have acknowledged / replicated the issue. 

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

I need to see the installation logs. Please do the following:

# export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=/tmp/lic_debug.log

Run the installer

Please send /tmp/lic_debug.log to me. Make sure to do it in a private message to protect your information.

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

For those who encounter the issue on Linux*:

We don’t have full support of spaces in paths in 2017 products. Please remove all the spaces from the path to the package.

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos
Victor_S_1
Beginner

Thanks.

I was with this same problem.

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Jean_R_
Beginner

Yes I can confirm that solved the issue for me:

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved, please see BEST REPLY.

0 Kudos