Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Serial Number for Academic Student License. Parallel Studio SE

Rodrigo_P_
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I applied for the Student Version of Intel parallel Studio XE. Once in the download page (where the serial number is) I chose to download an old version (the 2013 one, it works better for my application). The problem is that the serial number provided in the download page does not work while installing the product: "Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to an expired subscription or incompatible serial number". I did the subscription for the student version a couple hours ago so I do not thing that is the problem. How can I solve this?

Thank you,

Regards

Rodrigo P

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Rodrigo

I checked your license has not been activated yet.

The latest version of named-user license requires an activation before use. The auto-activation is supported by installation of 2016 product, but not available in older version product. Please follow steps in below article for an offline activation of your license:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_P_
Beginner

Thank you Yuan C.

Following those steps, on my profile appears as if I downloaded the new version. But I did not, I downloaded the 2013 version.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

Yuan C. (Intel) wrote:

Hi, Rodrigo

I checked your license has not been activated yet.

The latest version of named-user license requires an activation before use. The auto-activation is supported by installation of 2016 product, but not available in older version product. Please follow steps in below article for an offline activation of your license:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-fo...

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Rodrigo

Yes, you still can install the old 2013 product you downloaded. It's just the license itself requires an offline activation before use.

I noticed your license is still not activated yet. That's to say no valid license file will be generated. Please follow steps described in the article to generate a valid license file for you to install 2013.

Hope this explains.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Igor_A_
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I have a Student License for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows that expired.

So, I tried to get a new serial number following the offline activation procedures:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

But as is indicated in the step 4 of de article, when I put the host ID there is no license generated.

How can I solve this?

Thank you,

Regards,

Igor A.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Igor,

First and foremost. If you wish to get timely help start a new topic. As for your question, a license and activation are not the same. You need to have a current valid license for a product. If your license is a named user license you are entitled to install it on your private systems. Each of those installations is referred to as activation.

If your student license had expired, and you are still a student you will need to reapply for a new student license. If and when that license is granted you will be able to install it on your system(s).

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
konstantinos_c_
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I downloaded the Parallel Studio XE as a student that I am. I installed successfully but I received an email almost 2 months later saying that the trial edition is expiring tomorrow.  I could not find information about the trial period and how to update it.

Could you please advise on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Konstantinos

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please provide the SN of the license via private message. (use Send Author A Message link) I will check the license.

Regards,

0 Kudos