Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Serial number not activated error while installing VTune profiler (evaluation version)

Rakesh_T_
Beginner

I want to check the Vtune profiler using evaluation version, so registered & got an serial number. But when i use that serial number getting an error saying that the serial number is not activated. Kindly let me know how to resolve this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Rakesh,

I don't see a problem with your Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2013 evaluation serial number. Maybe there are internet problems on your side that don't allow remote connection to the Intel® Registration Center. Try to use the license file for installation which I sent to your email address.

Regards, Hubert

0 Kudos
Rakesh_T_
Beginner

Hubert,

Thanks for the suggestion but now i am getting an fatal error while installation & the error says "An error occured during the installation of assembly component {98CB24AD-52FB-DB5F-AO1F-C8B3B9A1E1*E}. HRESULT:0x80070BC9. Please check the installation error log updated along with this comment.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Rakesh,

The only idea I have right now is that the fileset may be corrupt. Meanwhile we have Update 8 availalbe. You may try to install this package:

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/3191/VTune_Amplifier_XE_2013_update8_setup.exe

But I'll have a look at your log also.

Regards, Hubert

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Rakesh,

The only issue I can see in your log is a problem with the serial number identification. Did you have any success with downloading and installing of Update 8 ?

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Rakesh_T_
Beginner

Hubert,

Even downloading & installing didn't work. But we were able to use AQTime profiling tool (trial version) & finally decided to buy it.

Anyways thanks a lot for your support.

Thanks

-Rakesh

0 Kudos