Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Serial number not working for updated IPP library for Linux

Mike_S_8
Beginner

I have tried to upgrade my Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Linux from version 8.0 to 8.2 (or 9.0) and I get a message saying that "The serial number you provided is not valid for this product".  Do I need a new serial number for this upgrade?  Is there a procedure to get a serial number to use for 8.2 and 9.0?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Mike

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

You are correct. I have checked the latest releases for both, which you are not entitled to. However, you should be able to grab any of the releases before your support was expired.

That means 8.2 Update 2. [9.0 initial release was in on August 18, 2015, which is after your support had already expired].

To download 8.2 update 2 please follow the instructions in this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Noga

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Light_Intel

Hi Mike,

Your SN should be good to install version 9.0. I have sent your license file to your email. See if you can install using the license file instead of the SN and let me know how it goes.

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_S_8
Beginner

Hi Noga,

I tried the license file that you sent to me, and unfortunately I get the "The license file is not valid for this product" message when I try to specify a license file for version 9.0.

I also tried the license file for version 8.2, and it did not work on that version either.

We will probably want to use version 8.2 to start, because our code does not compile using version 9.0 (several functions have been deprecated). We tried the trial for each version to determine how many functions we no longer had access to.

Could you try and send me a new license file for both 8.2 and 9.0?

Thanks for your help,

Mike 

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing. I advise you would do it in a private message to protect your privacy.

Thanks,

Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

OK, I think I may have misread your message. When you say "I have tried to upgrade my Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Linux from version 8.0 to 8.2 (or 9.0)" I thought the problem was with the installation. I think what you are saying is that you are not able to download the new updates. This is to be expected. Your support for this product expired in early July. An active support lets you download all the updates until the end of your support period. Version 8.2 was released in August 2015, and version 9.0 was released in November 2015. Both versions were released AFTER your support had expired, and as such, you are not entitled to download and install them.

What you need to do is renew your license. You can do that using the Intel Software Manger or contact your reseller and ask to renew your support. Once your support period is extended you will be able to get the newest updates. For more information see: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading

0 Kudos
Mike_S_8
Beginner

Hi Noga,

We purchased the Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Linux in August 2014.  Version 8.2 was released in April of 2015 according to Intel's site.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-intel-ipp-82-update-2
Update 3 may be past the 1 year point, but we would be happy installing Update 2 for version 8.2, if that is a restriction.

Version 9.0 was released was released in August 2015 according to Wikipedia.

Both of these release are within the 1 year support period (I understand that version 9.0 may be right on the border of the year, so if we are not entitled to that version, we do understand).

We were able to download both 8.2 and 9.0 from the website without any issues, but we were able to use our existing serial number to register either version.  When we tried to use the license file that you sent to me, we had the following problem.

1.  Run ./install_GUI.sh
2.  Installer launches and we select "Choose alternative action"
3.  We select "Activate Offline"
4.  We select the license the license that you sent to us.
5.  Press Next.  The message appears saying "The license file is not valid for this product".

Our whole reason for purchasing the Intel Performance Primitives for Linux in the first place was so that so we could release our software for Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 for Linux.  We did not realize until very recently that we would actually need to compile our software under Ubuntu 14.04, which unfortunately is not supported in IPP 8.0.  We believe we are entitled to at least version 8.2, which may be the best one for us to use since some of the IPP functions that we are using appear to not be available in version 9.0.

If version 8.0 has an update to allow it to be installed on Ubuntu 14.04, we would happily continue to use 8.0.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Mike

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

You are correct. I have checked the latest releases for both, which you are not entitled to. However, you should be able to grab any of the releases before your support was expired.

That means 8.2 Update 2. [9.0 initial release was in on August 18, 2015, which is after your support had already expired].

To download 8.2 update 2 please follow the instructions in this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Noga

0 Kudos
Mike_S_8
Beginner

Hi Noga,

We were able to successfully install and set the license for IPP version 8.2 Update 2 on our Ubuntu 14.04 machine.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

All well that ends well, to quote the great poet. Enjoy.

Noga

0 Kudos