Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Sftp or ftp connection from XDK IoT Edition

JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, I will want to know if is possible see and live edit files with XDK with a similar function as have sublime text ide ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Live Layout Editing lets you preview your app on a WiFi-connected Android or Apple iOS device, or (for Standard HTML5 projects) in a desktop browser window. Changes appear in real-time as you make edits using the built-in Intel XDK editor (based on Brackets*). This feature is most useful for making layout adjustments in HTML and CSS - it is not recommended for testing JavaScript based frameworks.

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi Amrita, the option that you mentioned is very good, but I need know how I can edit files .php or anywhere type of file that is hosted in a ftp service.

Thanks!

JudLup!

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

• 1.Connect with ftp.
  • 2. Download the file
  • 3.Edit the file on your computer with notepad or another code editor.
  • 4.Re-upload the file to the server and overwrite the existing file.
  • 5.The changes should reflect now on your live site.
0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi!, this process is very hard and bored, the XDK IDE don't have a ftp function as sublime text? It can gestionate the files on a remote server and live edit, for not have to download files, some as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU_aZ0gZABU

Thanks!

Regards,

JudLup!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can use Sublime or other editors with the XDK, you are not limited to using the editor built into the XDK. In fact, there is a Sublime plugin for the XDK that can be used, as well: https://github.com/gomobile/sublime-xdk-package

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi Paul, thanks for your answer, I going to review xdk plugin for sublime and tell you about my experience.

Greetings,

JudLup!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

BTW -- that Sublime plugin is being deprecated and will disappear in the near future. However, you can still use Sublime (or Brackets or your favorite code editor) to open your project source files and work on them, while the XDK is open to your project. The built-in XDK editor (Brackets) will automatically detect any changes to your files if you are using an external editor.

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi Paul, that you say me is totally true, since several months I use codeanywhere.com is powerful and easy to use, in addition to It allow create containers.

Greetings!

Judlup!

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi Paul, could you found solution for your problem?

0 Kudos