Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Sidebar defined on 1 page affects page width of other pages

Troy_B_1
Beginner

Hello,

I am using XDK v3400 on Ubuntu 16.04 x64 using HTML5+Cordova, Bootstrap and App Designer. I have multiple pages on an app. The main page has no sidebar. I defined a sidebar on an inner page. When I emulate or run the index.html the main page is reduced by the width defined on an inner page with a  sidebar. Does a sidebar on an inner page affect the other pages. 

This does not happen using the JQuery Mobile framework (deprecating :() . For example, main page is a login page, inner page has a sidebar. login page width reduced by the width of the sidebar on the inner page.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Troy. Did you adopt "squeeze" style of sidebar instead of "overlay"? My suggest would be that 

1. turn off "initially open", and make the sidebar "swipeable"

2. allow thumbing the sidebar and set a low value of "overhang width"

Through using this way, the width of "mainpage" would be only reduced by 50px "overhang width" that is inconspicuous. Hope it could help you.

0 Kudos
Troy_B_1
Beginner

Hello Fiona,

Yes, I have done what you have suggested already, but this is a very cumbersome workaround. Can you point me where to fix this problem? It is kinda weird that a page that does not have the Sidebar defined gets affected by a page that has one. 

I am thinking the problem is somewhere in the page rendering code evaluation of whether a sidebar is defined. It seems that there has to be a check that the sidebar being evaluated is actually defined for the page being rendered.

0 Kudos
Troy_B_1
Beginner

btw, the problem behaviour only happens of the right sidebar, the left sidebar settings do not affect the other pages.

0 Kudos