Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Software Performance Loss

Bruno_M_1
Beginner

Hello, good evening, I wanted to know if anyone has been through this, the Intel XDK software is slow and losing performance in your text editor, when I use the scroll or even jump line, it takes time and only then executes the command , however before he did not do it. Thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

What platform are you running the XDK on? How many projects do you have open at a time? Do you have lot of other things running besides Intel XDK? Is it only in the editor you see the performance decline or in other tabs as well? Also, is your internet connection stable? Try restarting the Intel XDK if somehow it's in unstable state.

0 Kudos
Bruno_M_1
Beginner

What platform are you running the XDK on? 

Windows 64 bits.

How many projects do you have open at a time?

Just two, app for android and iphone version.

Do you have lot of other things running besides Intel XDK?

No, i turn off my computer and tried again and nothing :S

Is it only in the editor you see the performance decline or in other tabs as well?

Its only in the editor, when i try jump some lines or scroll the page.

Also, is your internet connection stable?

Internet looks fine.

Try restarting the Intel XDK if somehow it's in unstable state.

i have this configs, Core i7 4790k , 8gb ram, gtx970 , another programs run nice, just in intel xdk this happen :(.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Thanks Bruno for the info. Few more questions. Is the file that you are editing very large? How big? Have you added any extensions to the brackets? Can you look at the task manager while editing, and see if XDK is chugging up lot of CPU and memory? What version of Windows are you running?

0 Kudos
Leandro_A_
Beginner

Hi, im also facing the same issue here.

Small html file, doing a simple game tutorial with Phaser. Everything in the editor is VERY SLOW!

Its just impossible to write any code. 

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Leandro,

Have you tried restarting XDK? Have you tried a different project to see if you have the same issue?

0 Kudos