Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Some parts of our licensed Cluster Suite fail to work with a licensing error

Jess
Beginner

We have Intel Cluster Suite on our HPC system. Most of the components work fine, but Intel VTune fails to do any actual analysis with an error stating that no valid license is available. This isn't due to someone else using all the floating licenses. It fails for everyone all the time. It doesn't appear to be trying to contact our license server at the time, so I wonder if the license file has an incomplete list of components. Is there some way to check this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Corey_A_Intel
Employee

I found no registration under . You can either submit your question using https://premier.intel.com/ or send a private message with the serial number info. The registered email or Login ID can also help find the registration info.

0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel

You might try logging into your account and have the system resend a license file to you.

0 Kudos
Jess
Beginner
I have tried re-sending the license file, and it still doesn't contain everything it should.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel

Then I suggest you follow Corey's recommendation above by filing a Premier Support issue or send a private message to Corey with the license/serial number and the login ID  for your account.

0 Kudos
Corey_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Your license is an Intel® Cluster Studio for Linux* license that does NOT contain the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE product. The right product would be the Intel® Cluster Studio XE for Linux* which includes the VTune Amplifier XE. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-cluster-tool-suites

Regards,

Corey

0 Kudos
Jess
Beginner
I meant to include the XE. We have the appropriate license (we have definitely paid for it), but it has not downloaded correctly. I have reported the problem to the third party who supplied the software with our HPC system, but they have been told by Intel to tell us to contact you directly. I tried raising the issue through premier support some months ago, and got no useful response.
0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello, Zaniyah

I have sent you the license file, could you have a check if this works now?

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support
Please participate in our redesigned community support web site:

User forums:                   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

0 Kudos
Jess
Beginner
Thanks Qiaomin. It doesn't seem to have helped. On speaking with our integrator, who have been speaking with their Intel reps, it seems that what has happened is that a very old license has been continually renewed, rather than a new one bought for each new machine. This old license didn't include VTune as it pre-dates it, but the renewal cost the same as a new license for the later product, which does. This is obviously rather awkward for us as we have users who want to use VTune and other tools (we had a course here not so long ago on how to use them, run by Intel) that aren't available to us because the license was renewed rather than a new one purchased.
0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello Zaniyah,

Let us clarify first: you has renewed a license for Intel® Cluster Studio for Linux* and download that product to use, right? and you renewed the wrong product, you mean to use the product the Intel® Cluster Studio XE for Linux, because only the XE version contains Vtune software. Your current renewed license for Intel® Cluster Studio for Linux* does not contain that.

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support

User forums:                   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

0 Kudos
Jess
Beginner
Thanks for your help. I have sorted out the licensing problem now, but I can't download the new version of the software as anything but RPM packages. Is there some way to download a tarball instead?
0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have sent you a private message to talk about the license and the downloadable link, please have a check.

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos