Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Strange error in geolocaton plugin

Andrejs_V_
Beginner

Hi All!

I regulary meet In Android 6 strange behaviour of geolocation plugin:

After device restart geolocation work normal, but after some hours plugin work like freezing - nor any done, nor any errors no any another activivties.

After restart device All is OK, but for no long time ......

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andrejs_V_
Beginner

It's me again:

I found on StackOverflow this trend:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23383750/phonegap-geolocation-sometimes-not-working-on-android/39173044#39173044

The Question is:

How to correctly change plugin for removing bug in XDK?

or.... may be somebody can fork plugin .... 

Youhhhh, can any help?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrejes -- you can clone the plugin yourself to a local folder on your system and make the changes suggested in that SO post to experiment. Just add the plugin as a "local" plugin using the plugin management tool on the Projects tab. You can add any custom plugins you want using this technique.

See "importing third-part plugins" on this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/add-manage-project-plugins <

0 Kudos
Andrejs_V_
Beginner

After deep investigation about this problem I found that:

- No stable working of navigator.geolocation object is veru old problem in Android ans iOS

- It's clear that problem is in Chrome ( Webkit)

- Problem start after Android 4.1 and later

- When this problem appear in Your device geolocation plugin and geolocation in maps.google.com in Chrome don't work

In same time navigator.geolocation in Firefox work fine

======================

Looks that need use another plugin w/o using navigator.geolocation :(

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrejs -- you can try the old intel.xdk geo plugin, it does not rely on the underlying webview navigator object. You'll find that plugin here > https://github.com/01org/cordova-plugin-intel-xdk-geolocation <

0 Kudos
Andrejs_V_
Beginner

I tried this one ....

And intel.xdk. plugin also don't work as needed ;(

Plugin work/not work in same time as navigator.geolocation .

0 Kudos
Andrejs_V_
Beginner

So, this long-time problem has been resolved!

I strong recommended to al use for geolocation tasks this plugin:

cordova-plugin-locationservices-fix

=====================

to Intel XDK team:

may be it possible to change geolocation plugin to this one?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrejes -- we provide easy access to the core Cordova plugins that are managed by the Apache Cordova team. We also provide an easy way for you to use any third-party Cordova plugin you want to use. We are not able to determine all the plugins that work and do not work, and which are best for your specific needs, thus the reason you are able to utilize any Cordova plugin in your app, you are not limited to the plugins we provide.

0 Kudos