Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Submitting an app iOS with Application Loader got error missing icons...

Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

Submitting an app iOS with Application Loader got error missing icons... see attached shot ... 

what to do? first time tried do submit... i put all iOS icons in xdk app settings... well

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you use PNG images? JPG images will not work. Did you build with CLI 4.1.2 or CLI 5.1.1?

Alternatively, you can add the icons using the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. See this FAQ entry and this example set of iOS icons (below). In this example set, the pkg directory is inside your www directory:

<!-- iOS icons and splash screens -->
<platform name="ios">
    <!-- iPhone and iPod Touch App Icons -->
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon.png" width="57" height="57" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180" />
    <!-- iPad, iPad Mini and iPad Pro App Icons -->
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152" />
    <!-- Spotlight Icons -->
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-40@3x.png" width="120" height="120" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180" />
    <!-- Settings Icons -->
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-small@3x.png" width="87" height="87" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50" />
    <icon src="pkg/ios/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100" />

<!-- iPad Splash Screens -->
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-portrait~ipad-pro.png" width="2048" height="2732"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-landscape~ipad-pro.png" width="2732" height="2048"/>
    <!-- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Splash Screens -->
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242"/>
    <!-- iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone Retina and iPhone Splash Screens -->
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960"/>
    <splash src="pkg/ios/default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136"/>
</platform>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Leonidas, can you ZIP your entire project (including *.xdk and plugins directory -- ALL files and directories) and either attach it to this post (use the "Attach Media" button below) or put it in a Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive folder and send me a link?

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

i WILL TRY A NEW PROJECT FROM SCRATCH + COPY MY OLD FILES + ADD/APPLY PLUGINS ,... AND IF NOT WORK... DO THAT YOU SAY.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

I am still getting the same error as post #1

I created new project... moved web files

but same error....

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

I use Cordova Builds

have to use Legacy Builds???

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Leonidas, can you ZIP your entire project (including *.xdk and plugins directory -- ALL files and directories) and either attach it to this post (use the "Attach Media" button below) or put it in a Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive folder and send me a link?

Please provide me a copy of your project, per instructions above. I think it will be the simplest way to understand what is going on...

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

SINCE EXIST KEYS AND SENSITIVE INFO IN PROJ files can remove files and send only limited html5/js... but send all images and xdk files since that is the problem...?

Also building for iOS 6 entails compatibility with iOS 7, 8, 9 ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Put the project in someplace like Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive and send me a private message using the "Send Author a Message" link on one of my posts to send me a link to your ZIP file.

Targeting iOS 6 only means insuring your app is compatible with iOS 6 and above, but that means it runs in a "compatibility" mode for higher versions of iOS. The majority of devices now run iOS 8 and 9, so setting that value to 8 is advised.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

I sent message to Paul F intel before 12 hours

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Leonidas, I'm off for five days, won't be able to get to this again until Tuesday or Wednesday. We're approaching the December holiday season and will be very light-handed for several weeks.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

You have any look in the source code zip i sent in prior week...?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Leonidas, I have not had a chance to look. On vacation until Jan 4th. I've got this thread sitting in my todo queue.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

Well you saw code???

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Getting caught up, takes a while, I'm dealing with issues from lots of people, as well as other non-forum related tasks. Please note that the support staff does not work full-time on the forum, we have many other tasks, in addition to providing support via the forum.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

if easy give an estimated response date...?

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

can you response in time...? 1 wk the max...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, Leonidas, I can't give a time estimate because I have a lot of high priority items I'm trying to finish. Sorry, but we are not dedicated 100% to forum support. Still hoping to take a look this week, but cannot promise. Trying to juggle a lot of balls. Please do not wait on me, I encourage you to try isolating the issue in order to make it easier to support you. We are not able to provide one-on-one support for so many developers. I do have your app in my queue...

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

ANY NEWS - YOU HAVE A LOOK IN ZIP...  ARE YOU GETTING SAME ERROR... IN APP LOADER APPLE? 

I WAS DOING OTHER PROJECT... THIS PROJ STACK HERE

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

To:

well 

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

To Paul F:

ANY NEWS 

\remember i private (message) send you zip file...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

No update, yet, Leonidas -- still buried with many issues, trying to catch up. I've been out of the office on travel and have many issues to crawl through as well as upcoming release work to get done before I can look into any detailed projects. You are still in the queue, but I cannot promise when I will have a look. Anything you can do to simplify the source of the problem will help to more quickly resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

ANY NEWS - STACK ON THIS ERROR

Btw icons in XDK APPLE ios dev must have particular name[icon-76.png] or can named anything[76x76.png] i want but same dimensions?

0 Kudos