Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Support Renewal for Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux 2 User Floating License?

Garry_B_1
Beginner

To Whom It May Concern,

The support service for our Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux 2 User Floating License expired 07 Nov 2014. I can see the post-expiry cost to renew support is $5599 USD. I've been asked by my finance dept to find out what the pre-expiry cost would have been had we renewed?

This will factor into our future renewal plans.

Many Thanks,
Garry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Garry,

The cost of a Pre-Exp. SSR for the Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux 2 User Floating License would have been $2799,-

However, the Post-Exp. SSR which you can order until 1 year after support expiration is not too bad as the new support period will start with the date of Post-Exp. SSR purchase. Please ask your reseller also about volume licenses which may be benefitial for you too.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Garry_B_1
Beginner

Hubert,

That's ridiculous, it's double the price!

Are any expiry notifications sent out by Intel prior to the expiry? I've scoured my emails and can't find any, other than the one at the time of purchase that mentions the expiry date.

Is there any way we can purchase the maintenance renewal at the original price and have it pro-rated to the original expiry date? Or simply have the additional cost waived?

There is no way I'll receive approval to renew at that inflated cost.

Regards,

Garry

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Garry,

Thanks for your comments.

A notification is sent out to the LICENSE OWNER (and the license admin, if specified) some time before support expiration ends. You are NOT the license owner nor specified as license admin - thus you didn't receive any notification to your email address. Or did you monitor the email of the license owner?

Let me provide more information under a private communication.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos