Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

The Vertex Shader Answer is found!!! X3000 Gamers Rejoice!!!

jahn_g
Beginner

We have waited a long time, searching through the internet, for our search to be in vain. Finally the answer has been found. This is a temporary substitute instead of the long awaited g965 x3000 beta drivers. Intel said that it would come within 3 months of March, meaning the lastest June 30th. I am one of the many angered PCers who found out after I purchased my computer, that the x3000 is an incomplete pile of horse dung. And so I searched long and hard, and have found a temporary aid in the fight to solve the x3000 vertex shader problem. This is by no means FLAWLESS. But if you really want to play games like Oblivion, my goddness, our prayers have been answered.

Introducing the Answer to the great Problem!!!

3D-analyzer

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

There is finally a temporary answer...but when will the true answer come?...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
jh-nz
Beginner
Yeah nearly there its just that I cant use a prog like that online as it is considered a hack :S
0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

Drivers should be out in August, according to this article:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6184483.html

Still hoping Intel pulls the promised betas out by end of June...

0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner
Dam thats one harsh article ! (More rightly so though!!)

As esp as AMD is partnering with ATI for their Internal Graphics Intel have to really step up to the plate for this if they want to go further especially as even the average consumer demands rise. (let alone what a budget gamer like me wants :P )
0 Kudos
jahn_g
Beginner

This program isn't so much as a hack, as it is a video adapter modifier. There is nothing that I see that is illegal about the program, however it does force programs to work and modifies the requirement checks and so forth. So while it IS an emulator, there is nothing that I see in it that is even moderately illegal. So yes it IS a hack, but I don't see why you can't use it online. I've tried TES:Oblivion, COD2, and Battlefield2. All were successful with their fair share of lag. So far, I'd say the best place to turn to fix the g965 is not towards Intel, but rather towards 3rd party programmers.

We've probably all read the articles on TGDaily, and have seen COD2 and HL2EP1 running on the computers using the the new beta drivers, but yet they have still not been refined enough to go out to the public. I fear that when they ARE refined enough, we might not get them, or if we do, we'll get them REALLY LATE. I fear we are being used by Intel to understand how Vista works, and when they finally figure it out, they'll drop us and come out with the all new refined x3100 or something like that. That would get me really angry at Intel, so I hope the betas come out soon. 'Till then, I'm playing Oblivion on 3Danalyze.

0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner

I used this before when I had an 3dfx voodoo 3and needed to emulate hardware T&L what settings do you normally use? Im trying to get enemy engaged 2 to work, but only get to the menus, game does not work.

0 Kudos
jahn_g
Beginner

Under Hardware Limits, check "emulate HW TnL caps" then try it out. If that doesn't work, check all five boxes under Hardware Limits, and retry.

This is an emulator, so while it is not guaranteed to work for every game, it increases the GMAx3000's game compatibility dramatically. Better than any updated driverI have seen so far. If it still doesn't work, I would consult the 3Danalyze website's tutorial.

0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner
Yeah I have managed to get some games going in the past with 3d analyse its just it is stopping me using it online but oh well at least it plays some of them!
0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner
Its just funny that we have to find solutions to emulate existing functions that the device does have. what's just not funny its that we still have to wait till august for the driver. till then this will have to be the solution
0 Kudos
jahn_g
Beginner
The XP beta drivers are finally out, which is kind of surprising after seeing Intel's previous deadlines come and go without any action seeming to take place. I'm still sitting tight, waiting for the Vista drivers to come out. My waiting line just shrunk from waiting for 3 months, to waiting for the drivers "in the following weeks." Only a mater of time, before I get placed on the day-line, then the hourly-line. This is completely outrageous, but nevertheless, I am pleased with any progressIntel has when solving the Vista graphics puzzle.
0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Yep, 3danalyze is how we check games that do HW TnL tests and refuse to run on IIG. Just so you know, 965 drivers have pixel shader 3.0 in them now. VS 3.0 is coming very soon...(I know it's late).
0 Kudos
jahn_g
Beginner

Vista drivers came out a few days ago. I installed them, I tried Call of Duty 2 and World of Warcraft with them. I was really disappointed, so I'm going back to the best way to play these vertex shader demanding games. At the end of the day, after Intel spent months developing vertex shading technology, the 3D-Analyze 3rd party software is still better. And for everyone who doesn't have the G965chipset, this program works WITH ALL COMPUTERS OF EVERY GRAPHICS CHIPSET OR DEDICATED GRAPHICS CARD. So IMHO, the beta drivers are not too little too late, but rather another disappointment worth skipping in the long list of Intel's delays and shortcomings. At least I can use Vista Aero no sweat.

If you want the best reliable driver, get the Intel 15.2.3 (yes the oldie.) It is the best of all Intel's drivers, because it has the least amount of errors. But don't get me wrong, it's still jampacked with problems. Aero works, and I can play many games well (without Vertex Shading unfortunately.)

If you want to play Vertex Shading demanding games, no matter what your computer's graphical solution is, use the freakin' 3D Analyze, and stop tearing your hair out with the half-a**ed 15.6 beta drivers.

0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner
Poor Vista users. The pre-beta and the beta drivers seemed to have improved things for me greatly. I think they should put more resources in creating the Vista driver, as the XP one doesn't seem to be as plagued.
0 Kudos