Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Trying to find out how to get the app to send an automatic e-mail

Josue_G_
Beginner

Hello I am trying to get some help in building an app with Intel XDK.   I would like the choices that were picked by the user in clicking lists to be stored somewhere and at the end be automatically mailed to someone.  Here is how it would work.  

1.  User picks choice 1-> move to next page->user picks choice 2 in second app page-> third page asks for user input including name, date, and comments.  When user presses submit in third page the program would automatically get text from choice 1 and text from choice 2 as well as user input and send this automatically via e-mail to a predefined e-mail.

If anyone could help me in this it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much!  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Search for a Cordova plugin that will do this, but I am guessing it will involve you setting up a mail server to handle the requests.

0 Kudos
Vijay_R_1
Beginner

If you are unable to setup a mail server, you can look for mail service providers with whom you can send mails using their API.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

You can use the Cordova* email plugin or use web intent - PhoneGap* and Cordova* 3.X.

0 Kudos