Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Tutorial quality feedback

dnesteruk
Beginner

I’m new to the whole MIC thing, and I just wanted to leave a comment regarding the quality of LEO_tutorial which I came accross, since Intel doesn’t seem to have a public bug tracker (something every modern company should have). At any rate, in the tutorial, I see code like this:

[cpp] // Gather odd numbered values into O_vals and count in numOs numOs = 0; for (k = 0; k < MAXSZ; k++) { if ( all_Vals%2 != 0 ) { O_vals[numOs] = all_Vals; numOs++; } } [/cpp]

I’m sorry, but this is terrible. You’re writing a turorial and you’re using variables like all_Vals and all_Vals_shrd (what naming convention is this? did you really have to condense shared to shrd?) — this is a perfect way to confuse someone who wants to figure out what problem the MIC device is actually meant to solve. Also, naming the variable MAXSZ is a bit unfriendly when you could name a variable, say, MaxElementCount or something actually readable.

Just wanted to leave this feedback here in the hope it reaches whoever writes tutorials for the MIC platform.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TaylorIoTKidd
New Contributor I

Dmitri,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure it gets to the right people.

Regards
--
Taylor

0 Kudos