Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

UPDATED... AND NOW NOTHING?

James_W_3
Beginner

Hi everyone... 
Im kinda stumped here... i have used INTEL XDK to wrap all of my apps for a total of maybe 15 and at least that many more test wraps.

I recently downloaded the NEW update and now I have nothing. a black screen. At first I thought it was the emulator but its not. I finished the build and downloaded it to the tablet and still a black screen.

Did something change in the build set ups that I am not aware of?

it was exported in cordova from CONSTRUCT 2

but now nothing. 

any ideas?

thankT

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Which XDK version are you using?

For which platform are you building?

There are multiple solutions

1. You can back up your projects and try uninstalling the existing one and reinstall it.

2.One suggestion is to delete your global-settings.xdk file. Apparently there is an issue where an empty or corrupted global-settings.xdk file will cause the behavior you are seeing. You'll find it in the same place you found the xdk.log file.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@James, if you are planning to blow up your global-settings file, do take a backup of it as it contains the list of all your projects within XDK. If needed, you can restore it. 

0 Kudos
James_W_3
Beginner

Thanks every one I actually tried one more thing and I just got a working demo in the emulator.

I am sure you will hear of this again soon, so here was the problem...

C2 project settings has a "first layout" option that by default... is set to (DEFAULT)
DEFAULT IS YOUR FIRST LAYOUT OR, layout 1

This option is broken now for some reason in the new XDK... or in C2 im not sure, but it must be set to the layout of choice, even if you want it on layout 1 you must set it to (LAYOUT 1)

I DID THIS AND IT WORKED. :)

and...  I think they have corrected it since this thread an admin said they where going to report the issue to scirra

0 Kudos