Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to add splash screens

Jeffrey_M_2
Beginner

Hi, Team,  Am using intel XDK for building my app. Previously I use to add splash screens by using the launch icons and splash screen settings in the intel XDK. Now after upgrading to the latest xdk. Am unable to add splash images. Please advice how to add splash images.   Am using Cordova 4.1.2

0 Kudos
5 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you post a screen cap of the issue you are seeing?

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Are you not able to upload your images via the UI in the projects tab?

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_2
Beginner

Yes I tried adding images via the UI in projects tab. The screen shot is as follows.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

That is quite possibly the worst screen cap I have ever seen! My eyes went all buggy trying to look at it...Any way you can post a clear image?

Are you running the latest build of the XDK?

Are your images the correct format and size?

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Yes, the screenshot could use some work. But I think your issue is that you are not even able to select your images for splashscreen. Am I right? In the meantime, there is an alternate way to do it using the additions file. 

Take a look at this sample additions file for an example of how to do that: https://github.com/gomobile/sample-hello-cordova/blob/master/intelxdk.config.additions.xml

And then use the same method to add to your own intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. 

Make sure you are using the latest XDK release, v2807 (look at the top right corner of your XDK). I will report this to engineering in the meantime. 

0 Kudos