Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to build for ios 7

Jason_B_3
Beginner

This seems to have started only recently I am using XDK 3240 Switched to Cordova CLI version 5.1.1. Set IOS target version to 7.0. Checked in all XML files that deployment-target says 7.0 After building the .ipa the info box now says Targeting iOS version 8.0. A few days ago I was building the same projects for ios 7.0 without problems. I have other projects showing the last successful build was ios 7.0, and rebuilding without changes now only produces an .ipa for ios 8.0 I have tried creating new projects, restarting XDK with no luck. It seems it happens only during the build process Has anyone else seen this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jason_B_3
Beginner

Actually if I set any IOS Target Verison (including 9.0)  the build is always 8.0

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We are investigating and will report back when the fix is live.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Hi there - is this still an issue with the current IOS builds? Just tried installing an app built today on IOS 7 but it's not working - I see in the build log that the target version is being set to IOS 8 even though my project settings are set to IOS 6 - I didn't know about this issue until now, and we now have a release in the app store that is not compatible with IOS 6 & 7...can you update us please asap? It would have been nice to see a tweet about this as it's a fairly big issue which is not immediately obvious.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jason_B_3
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

We are investigating and will report back when the fix is live.

Thanks very much.  I was not sure if I was simply doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The fix for this has not been deployed to the production servers yet.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

I know you are working on this, just wondering if you have a rough idea when it might be released? Is it fixed but not released, or are you still working on a fix? Your support is much appreciated on this as we have thousands of users who cannot get our latest critical update on iOS. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I was told by the build engineer that this issue was fixed in an update this morning (Pacific Time). Please try your builds now for confirmation. Here's what my test build shows in the detailed build log:

Build settings from configuration file '.../hello_cordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig':
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution
    ENABLE_BITCODE = NO
    IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 7.0
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 
    TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY = 1,2

which matches my spec in the Build Settings.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Fantastic, thank you very much. I just tested it and it seems ok.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

The "click here to install your app OTA" link on emails no longer works for me on iOS 9 - it's fine on iOS 7. This happened a week or 2 ago and was fixed, but then the IOS build version issue (reported in this post) started around the same time, I wonder if the 2 issues are related? I was able to install via itunes but it's a pain ;-) Hope it can be fixed again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

FP wrote:

The "click here to install your app OTA" link on emails no longer works for me on iOS 9 - it's fine on iOS 7. This happened a week or 2 ago and was fixed, but then the IOS build version issue (reported in this post) started around the same time, I wonder if the 2 issues are related? I was able to install via itunes but it's a pain ;-) Hope it can be fixed again. Thanks.

It's working again - weird...sorry if it wasn't an issue on your side - was getting no popup for a good hour on iOS 7, and now the link is working again.

0 Kudos
Jason_B_3
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I was told by the build engineer that this issue was fixed in an update this morning (Pacific Time). Please try your builds now for confirmation. Here's what my test build shows in the detailed build log:

Build settings from configuration file '.../hello_cordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig':
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution
    ENABLE_BITCODE = NO
    IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 7.0
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 
    TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY = 1,2

which matches my spec in the Build Settings.

Thanks very much.
I have just tested here, and everything seems to working!

Yay.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jason -- there may have been a timeout on your OTA link (it is only good for 30 minutes after the build begins). There is a fix that was tested just yesterday (on our staging system) for that problem. Will likely show up next week. Until then, make sure you touch your OTA link no less than 30 minutes after the build begins.

0 Kudos