Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to create a signed version of app preview

Tawab_G_
Beginner

I keep getting this error when configuring my app preview : Error encountered while creating a signed version of App Preview. Suggestion: Retry. (what kind of error is that anyways?) 

It happens right after choosing a direction to save my .ipa file. It does create an .ipa file however, but when trying to install that via iTunes, it keeps getting stuck at 'installing', for the first couple of seconds it seems to work(app is installing on device, but then the app just vanishes after it's done) -  and magically my Intel app preview app vanishes with it too!

Tried on an Iphone 5S - Iphone 6

3 different people have watched it over, I've recreated all the necessary details ( P12, the certificate and Mobileprovisioning) but I keep getting the freaking error.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What version of iOS is on your device? Someone else was having a similar problem and it was due to the fact that they their device is running iOS 7. When you build a signed (debuggable) version of App Preview, it will sign the latest version of App Preview for you. The latest version only runs on iOS 8 and higher.

Also, was the cert and mobile provisioning file you provided to sign App Preview a "development" cert?

Did you configure the mobile provisioning file so it uses a "wildcard" for the App ID?

Did the development cert you generated include the UID for your device in the list of allowable devices?

0 Kudos
Tawab_G_
Beginner

Can't believe this.. I did the exact same thing the day after, and now it magically works!

Thanks for the fast reply!

0 Kudos