Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to initialize transfer functionality, exiting...

Nicolas_G_4
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue with my brand new composer XE 2016 compiler suite.

On 6th step I have the following message :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing GNU* GDB 7.8 on Intel(R) 64 (Provided under GNU General Public
License v3) component... done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finalizing product configuration...
Unable to initialize transfer functionality, exiting...

My Jessie Debian based system seems to meet every requirements as stated in installation docmentation :

# uname -a
Linux magi3 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1 (2015-05-24) x86_64 GNU/Linux

# df -h /store
Sys. de fichiers Taille Utilisé Dispo Uti% Monté sur
/dev/sda6          156G     12G  137G   8% /store

/opt is a symlink on /store/opt

Here is my installation command line :

./install.sh -t /store/tmp

I attach log files.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

According to the log files, it appears that the product has been installed with this license on three systems.  The ‘Named-user’ license provisions in the Intel software EULA have changed to only allow the software to be installed on up to three systems.  Could you please uninstall the product on oen of them with uninstall.sh, before attempting the new installation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Nicolas_G_4
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I have only installed this product on one computer. I received my licence number few days ago. Nobody but me knows the licence number and I installed it on one computer.

Do you have any clue ?

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Please follow instructions in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016, and get a license file.  Then install the product with the license file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

After further investigation, I found that this is a known issue in our database.  The message is harmless, and could be ignored safely.  The installation is actually completed.  This issue will be addressed in IPS XE 2016 Update 1.

Thanks.

0 Kudos