Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Unable to install DCM 1.3 or 1.4

Jeff_D_6
Beginner

I'm not able to install DCM 1.3 or 1.4 on my PC, which has a RealSense F200 camera installed.

The camera is installed and working--I have 3 drivers listed under Imaging Devices in Device Manager, and I was able to install DCM 1.2 without any trouble.

When I try to install DCM 1.3 or 1.4, I get an error that reads as follows (attempted to upload a screenshot, but it doesn't appear to be working):

Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

Intel RealSense 3D camera firmware update failed.
The install failed to update the firmware of your Intel RealSense 3D camera. The camera firmware may be corrupted. 

I have tried changing USB ports, rebooting, uninstalling DCM 1.2, reinstalling DCM 1.2, etc. Nothing works.

Any tips?

I'm running Win10 RTM on a Dell Precision T5600 with an add-on USB 3.0 card.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ken_N_1
Beginner

I have the exact same problem on a brand new computer build with a 2011-3LGA CPU

I have 2 cameras, on my other computer, the light flashes on briefly when I go to use it and then it goes out and the camera does nothing more.

If I swap the cameras I get the same results on the computer, meaning that it is the computers not the camera.. aka the drivers and how they work with the USB

I would like to know if anyone recommends a PCI-E usb card that we can buy that is known to work.

0 Kudos
Ken_N_1
Beginner

I Fixed my camera problem where it flashed for a second and not again.

I bought a new PCI-E USB card (SIIG)  and plugged in with no USB hub or cable extender and now it works perfect.

So the USB3 on my motherboard was not able to work..strange

Is anyone using a USB3 powered hub? The cable with the camera is very short and I have a tower that is on the floor and a monitor on the wall.. Currently I have had to put my tower on my desk with a few books under to raise it high enough to place the camera on the monitor and be able to plug directly into the tower.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ken,

A couple of users here have reported that the camera works with some USB 3.0 powered hubs.

0 Kudos