Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to install XDK Web Win

Curtis_C_1
Beginner

Hello,

Ive been unable to install xdk_web_win_master_2248.exe

Ive downloaded it several times, trying to install it on windows 7 that is fully updated. Laptop has a fresh install of windows on it. The only other software installed is Office 2007.

When I run the exe file the splash screen comes up for 4-5 seconds and that it. Nothing running in task manager, no files ever get copied to the hard drive and I there are no errors.

Im at a loss here as to why it fails, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Curtis

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

First, I would check if there is any process named 'nw.exe' running and kill it. Try launching again.

Else, instructions to completely uninstall XDK can be found in this post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/542074. Then download and install the latest version from http://xdk.intel.com and do a fresh install.

Please post back if neither works. 

0 Kudos
Curtis_C_1
Beginner

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for the reply, there is no nw.exe running on my laptop. Also XDK has never been installed on it, there are no intel folders and its not in add/remove programs. Ive searched and read through of posts and they all say to reinstall but I haven't been able to get it to install once.

Thank you

Curtis

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

My apologies. I misunderstood the post as not being able to launch XDK. I now see that you can't even run the installer. 

I have seen a similar case on Windows 7 before. And the workaround then was to right-click on  the .exe file and extract it to a folder. Run the setup.exe within the directory (try run as administrator if it causes issues). Could you give that a try?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do you have any anti virus software installed? I saw this once before when a user had a very old (2008ish) version of AVG installed and it was blocking the running of an EXE from a temp directory...

0 Kudos
Curtis_C_1
Beginner

Thanks for the replies.

I extracted the files to my C:\temp directory and tried to run setup.exe as administrator and had the same issue. Also I have symantec endpoint protection installed but its disabled.

Thanks

Curtis

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

It could be that the system does not have write permission on temp. Fire up a command window and enter: cd %temp%

Open windows explorer and navigate to the parent folder. Right click the temp folder and select Properties -> Security tab. If SYSTEM is in the top window, select and make sure it has full control permissions. If SYSTEM is not in the top window, click Edit -> Add -> type SYSTEM -> Check names -> As it as it says it has some names, click Cancel. Pick SYSTEM from the list and give it full control. 

Try installing again. 

0 Kudos
Curtis_C_1
Beginner

System has full control :(

Sorry for making this difficult, just really cant figure out what is blocking it from installing...

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for trying out our suggestions. 

Okay, lets give this one more shot. The XDK files cannot be found in program files. Open file explorer -> type '%localappdata%' -> Open folder named 'Intel'. Are there any XDK related files there?

If there is a folder with two subfolders -> xdk and bin, then your installation was successful. 

0 Kudos
Curtis_C_1
Beginner

Sorry but there is no Intel folder.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Are you behind a corporate network proxy or firewall? I will escalate this. 

0 Kudos
Curtis_C_1
Beginner

Yes, we use a proxy but I’ve also put myself on our DSL line which has no proxy or firewall and have the same issue. I have installed it on another laptop for someone else and didn't run into this issue.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Curtis, mostly it looks like the XDK installer has a conflict with some anti virus or other utility program that might be running on your computer. Please remove any such program and try fresh install. 

If you still experience the issue please send us the log from the following directory.

/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Temp/micl_tmp_yourusername

Swati

0 Kudos
Peter_G_4
Beginner

I'm having  the same issue with @Curtis C. I've been trying to install XDK 2366 on windows 10 and its just showing the installing screen then it dies.. Any suggestions. I've disabled nearly everything but installing XDK 2366 just seems impossible.. If anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it.. Thanx

0 Kudos