Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to upload project files.

One__EternaL
New Contributor I

It says "Unable to upload project files." when building my first app ever from Construct 2. I have no experience with this stuff at all, so it could be anything as far as I know. The project is 317MB according to the total size of the exported folder. The size is necessary, at least according to my limitations as someone who can't code. In fact I already had to split my project up into two apps, and the next one I have to upload is 438MB. (Though I'm certainly open to alternative ways to handle a large app size/files, such as some way to have the user download additional parts of the app as they go, for example.) Googling the issue and searching these forums about it suggests the file size and/or certificate could be issues, such as in one case a mention of a 100MB app limit that can be manually increased when necessary, which in my case should be upped to about 450MB, if need be. Construct2 also predicted the download size at only 140mb, but I don't know how they get that. Maybe after some sort of compression, I don't know. In any case, I'm open to whatever the fix is.

• Intel XDK version (upper right corner of the Intel XDK). 3088
  • Clear explanation of your issue. Above
  • How to reproduce your problem. Above
  • Platform you are building for, build log, build settings, etc. Android
  • Screenshots, when applicable.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

BTW -- the largest APK you can submit to the Google Play store is 100MB (an APK is a ZIP file, so your actual project source folder may be larger, but if it consists of a lot of images those will not compress).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

We limit the size of apps to 250 mb.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

BTW -- the largest APK you can submit to the Google Play store is 100MB (an APK is a ZIP file, so your actual project source folder may be larger, but if it consists of a lot of images those will not compress).

0 Kudos
One__EternaL
New Contributor I

Thanks guys! That's what I happily learned recently myself: That the total size does compress a lot when turned into an app file, and that, yes, images don't compress. When I think back, I'm actually not sure how I started to get it to work, but it builds my Android app successfully now every time I try, unlike PhoneGap, which returns unexplained errors for the same attempts.