Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Undesirable information in Intel-generated output files

Miket
Beginner
I just noticed that output files (DLL, EXE) created with Intel Composer Upd4 and earlier include a lot of information related to names and locations of project source files. There is also information concerning Intel source files. It looks like this is more noticeable for projects using OpenMP.

This is very undesirable in many cases. Is there a way to get rid of this information? (I am building projects with full optimization, debug information is completely disabled).

Examples (Intel-specific information only):
D:\users\nbtester\x86win_nightly\branch-11_1\20091202_010000\libdev\libm\real\libm_dll_magic.c
D:\users\nbtester\x86win_nightly\branch-11_1\20091202_010000\libdev\libm\real\template_stub.c

Use any viewer capable to display binary files. I am using Total Commander with Lister plugin.

Regards,
Michael
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,
Yes, I did check the dll with a binary viewer and find such information. I'll touch base with our developers and find our more on this and will update you accordingly. Appreciate your patience till then.
-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,

Since I do find source filenames in the libm and libmmd.dll (the filename in .exe is apparently there for build info purposes) I've filed an issue with the developers to investigate further to see what can be done like removing thesame if deemed unnecessary etc. I'll update you as soon as I have any update on the issue I've filed, just FYI.
Appreciate your patience till then.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
Miket
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

I installed Composer Update 5 and noticed that this issue is still here!

Hope it will be fixed in one of the next builds.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,

That's correct, the fix is not in Update 5. The issue I filed on this has been assigned to a developer who's working on it. I'll let you know as soon as the release with the fix is out. Appreciate your patience till then.

-regards,

Kittur

0 Kudos
Miket
Beginner
Hi Kittur,

... and the fix is not even in the Update 6, as I just checked.

I want just to let you know that this issue is still not resolved. Unfortunately this one is quite unpleasant, since it is related to security and privacy.

Regards,
Michael
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it's not in update 6 also. I checked the status and did findthat this issue is still being worked on. I've passed on your comments to the developers to see if they can increase the prioritization on this issue resolution, and have attached your comments in the issue notes too, just FYI.

Again, appreciate your patience through this, and I'll let yoiu know if I get any more update on this.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
Andrey_G_Intel2
Employee
Hi Miket!

could you provide link line for your exe/dll? We need to know which options and libraries were used.

Andrey
0 Kudos
Miket
Beginner
Hi Andrey,

I already submitted a simple test case for another OpenMP-replated problem that was resolved.

The example is here:

Tru_Intel.zip

You can use this test case in order to see the problem with undesirable information in the DLL file.

It is important that OpenMP is used. Release files are located in subfolder OMP_dll\Release. The DLL of interest is OMP_dll.dll, it can beused with test EXE OMP_Test.exe (created just for test with Delphi).Use any hex viewer in order to see that paths and names of source files are inside this DLLbinary. The example is rather old (December 2009), but it clearly illustrates the problem.

Best regards,
Michael
0 Kudos