Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unfortunately, MyAppName has stopped.

richard_h_4
Beginner

Help...

I test my App before which I have build using the old intel xdk but now without any changes to the app after months I tried again building with the intel xdk 1995 but when I download the build and open the app in Andoird, I got  "Unfortunately, MyAppName has stopped". Any idea where I can start debugging this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Unfortunately, that's a very general error message, so there's not much to go on. Try running your app using the Debug tab. See this page for an overview of debug options: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview -- in particular, the Debug tab and remote CDT.

0 Kudos
Darrell_L_
Beginner

I was wondering if a solution to this problem was found?  I have the same issue.  My app was building fine, and then during the uploading of files the app crashed, I killed the program in the task manager, and I have been having this issue ever since.  I have tried stable copies of my code, and  I don't think this is my coding issue, but who know.  Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Unfortunately, the error being described is very general. We need some more specific details to understand what is going on.

Try creating a new project with the XDK and copy your old project sources into that new project. Do you continue to get the same message when you run a built copy of your app? If so, please provide a ZIPped copy of your project and attach it a private message to me (push the "Send Author a Message" link on this post.

0 Kudos