Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unfriendly site

John_M_5
Beginner
  1. The password requirements for this site are really overkill.  My bank accepts less stringent requirements for much higher value material.  Do you really think there are people pouring significant resources into cracking into someone's login on this site?  Not likely.
  2. An overactive spam filter.  I forgot to add a point to a previous point and was posting another comment to address it when my posting was refused for spam.  Honestly.  Spam because of 2 messages?  That is really a bit ridiculous.
  3. Search is just plain funky and difficult to use. I'm searching for very typical sort of issue and it's either hundreds of posts that are unrelated, or none.
  4. Where are you hiding the documentation?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...4. Where are you hiding the documentation? What exactly are you looking for ( or interested )?
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>An overactive spam filter.>>>

Yes that is true.Sometimes it drives me crazy mainly when intel forum threads web links can trigger anti-spam filter.

0 Kudos
Harold_G_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

>>...1.  Yes, the passwords are strong but these passwords are also used at other parts of Intel including Premier Support and the Intel Registration Center.

>>...2. We have tightened our SPAM filters recently because of excessive SPAM.  Unfortunately, some valid posts also get caught in the filter. We are trying to find a happy medium.

>>...3 and 4. You might try this site: http://software.intel.com/en-us/search/site/

Regards, Hal G

Intel(R) Developer Zone Support

http://software.intel.com

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos
Oleksandr_C_
Beginner

>>...2. We have tightened our SPAM filters recently because of excessive SPAM.  Unfortunately, some valid posts also get caught in the filter. We are trying to find a happy medium.

Completely agree with the spam filters related to the 3-and more messages in a row. There definitely has to be a filter related to the number of posts allowed to be posted with the lag of 5 minutes or something. Some forum threads are ridiculously "spammy"

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Anti-spam filters could take into account specific logged user posting behavior and take an action when for example some specific user post was at least once flagged as a spam.

0 Kudos