Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Uninstall fresh reinstall did the trick for me.

Dan_K_
Beginner

First, I should say I'm new to XDK, but not to app building. I had been using the previous version and was happy. Some things were a little slow, but no show stoppers. THEN, I updated to 1878 via the in-app update process. What a disaster. It became unusable. Extremely slow, drag and drop didn't always work, I found actions were queuing up and then running. Horrible.

I was about ready to call it quits and look for a new tool when I came across a note complaining about 1878. Someone recommended a complete uninstall/reinstall. That's what I did - WHAT a difference - XDK became usable again. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_O_
Beginner

Dear Dan,

Please can you confirm that you can make Ajax calls on any apk you built with XDK 1878?

My ajax calls have stopped working on new apks after upgrading to 1878.

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

No Ajax. I'm just taking about the design/code window, moving between elements, applying styles, etc. All those actions are now 'normal'. Before the uninstall/reinstall it was painfully slow.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_
Beginner

OK.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just hope that the Ajax call problem will be sorted by intel asap.

I have been using this tool for 2 years and this is the first time Ajax calls will fail to work despite adding '*' to the domain list.

0 Kudos