Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unity 5, RealSense Unity Toolkit runtime error due Unity not finding 64 bit DLL

RickBlacker
Employee

Hi all.  Just thought I would give a heads up.  After installing Unity 5 Pro and registering with my license, I started getting an error saying :

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/libxccpp2c.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_AMD64)..... 

To get around this error, I simply replaced libxccpp2c.dll and libxccpp2c.dll.signature with the 64 bit versions that are in the \RSSDK\bin\x64 folder

After making the file swap, Unity and the RealSense Toolkit started playing nice again.  

Good Luck!
Rick

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

Thanks for sharing Richard.Unity 5 is awesome and should work pretty good with RealSense.

Pls. share you experience here.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Just a note of explanation: Unity 5 is 64 bit, Unity 4.x is 32 bit.  So the default for the RealSense SDK is to add 32 bit libraries, and for 64 bit (Unity 5) you need to add the 64 bit libraries.  

0 Kudos
yosun
Innovator

Where is the 64 bit library? 

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

\RSSDK\bin\x64 folder

0 Kudos
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

That's for the input. I am not aware of this.

0 Kudos
RickBlacker
Employee

Richard Blacker (Intel) wrote:

Hi all.  Just thought I would give a heads up.  After installing Unity 5 Pro and registering with my license, I started getting an error saying :Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/libxccpp2c.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_AMD64)..... To get around this error, I simply replaced libxccpp2c.dll and libxccpp2c.dll.signature with the 64 bit versions that are in the \RSSDK\bin\x64 folder. After making the file swap, Unity and the RealSense Toolkit started playing nice again.  

Good Luck!
Rick

Also wanted to mention that the engineering team is aware of the problem and will be working on a solution.  I don't have a time frame when an update or patch will be available at this time. When I find out, I will post a reply to this thread letting you all know.

Rick

0 Kudos
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

Thanks for the update Rick

0 Kudos
Airton_Junior
Beginner

Thanks for sharing! :)

0 Kudos
Bruno_F_
Beginner

hello. 

i just got my hands on the developer kit and followed these instructions to get rid of the error for the toolkit in Unity 5, but the error persists. the same exact error message is showing despite replacing the 32 bit assets/plugin files with the 64 bit files located in the bin/x64 folder. 

edit: also, i'm not sure if it's worth noting but when installing the DCM, the info server failed to install with error 1603. another thing i wanted to note is that some demos work perfectly fine, but others (like the hand skeleton demo) stream for at most 1 second after hitting start and then promptly disconnect at which point the camera turns off and i hear the windows sound that it gives when you plug a usb drive in or something.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

what is the error that you see?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

repeating the steps - you need to create 2 new folders

Assets/Plugins/x86   and Assets/Plugins/x86_x64
Put the 32 bit libs under the first folder. 
Put the dli's from RSSDK/bin/x64 into the second folde

0 Kudos
Bruno_F_
Beginner

i fixed the problem after realizing that i was changing the files in the wrong folder. when the assets were imported, it overwrote the library in my unity directory. my new error is this: 

Unable to initialize all modalities
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
RSUnityToolkit.SenseToolkitManager:OnEnable() (at Assets/RSUnityToolkit/Internals/RealSenseInput/SenseToolkitManager.cs:346)
RSUnityToolkit.SenseToolkitManager:Update() (at Assets/RSUnityToolkit/Internals/RealSenseInput/SenseToolkitManager.cs:590)

and i suspect the fact that my camera turns off and on when i use some of the demos (like the hand tracking one) is the reason for this.

edit: i fixed the modalities problem by reinstalling the dcm and restarting my computer. however, now the camera turns off after a second of streaming and then my computer makes the sound of an item being plugged in/out of my usb port. i checked the hardware manager and it says the realsense device is still plugged in, though. i'm starting to think it's defective. 

edit2: is there supposed to be a creative logo on it?

0 Kudos
Abdul_A_
Beginner

Hi,

@Bruno, Were you able to solve your problem??. I m also having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Mike_C_3
Beginner

@Bruno, @Abdul A, I'm also having the "Unable to initialize all modalities" problem. Is there a fix? Thanks.

0 Kudos