17061 Discussions

Unity Voice Recognition `PXCUPipeline' could not be found

leon_m_
Beginner

I am trying to initialize

private PXCUPipeline pipe;
private PXCUPipeline.Mode   mode=PXCUPipeline.Mode.VOICE_RECOGNITION;

and I get this error

Error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PXCUPipeline' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

How do I resolve this ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst I have not had this particular error in Unity with the voice module, I have experienced it with other RealSense modules.  I think it is most likely to occur if you install the RealSense SDK files into your project manually by dragging them from the SDK folders into your asset panel.

If you have not tried this already, you may have better luck if you use RealSense's Unity Toolkit to import all of the necessary files into your project automatically.  The Toolkit application file is located in the RSSDK > framework > Unity folder and is called 'RSUnityToolkit'.

To use it, open your Unity project and then run the toolkit file.  The program will then begin auto-importing all of the files that the camera needs into your project, creating three new folders in your Assets panel called 'plugins', 'plugins_managed' and 'RSUnityToolkit.'

The 'RSUnityToolkit' contains a sub-folder called 'Actions' that contains pre-made camera scripts you can just drop into objects and then configure in the right-hand 'Inspector' panel of Unity.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
leon_m_
Beginner

HI Marty

Thanks for the feedback.  I have included the Unity prefab for Realsense into the project. I will re import it and see if that makes a difference.

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
leon_m_
Beginner

Hi all

I gave tried re importing the RS Unity Toolkit into Unity but this still doesnt seem to help.  I did notice that my SDK didn't install the hello unity voice application in my unity samples though. I still get the same error (Error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PXCUPipeline' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  when I try to declare

private PXCUPipeline pipe;

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Kiriakos_T_
Beginner

Hi Leon,

I have the same problem as yours! Did you find any sollution?

0 Kudos
leon_m_
Beginner

HI Kiriaskos

unfortunately not.

0 Kudos