Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Updating cordova.file plugin for Debug tab - need new folder location

Daniel_B_3
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to use the cordova.file plugin. When I build the app, it adds the 1.3.2 plugin, but the debug tab defaults to 1.1.0.

I followed the answer outlined here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27769213/cordova-file-in-intel-xdk-crosswalk-builds

and updated the org.apache.cordova.file folder in .\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\brackets\b\extensions\default\StaticServer\node\node_modules\cp\res\middleware\cordova\intel-app-preview\android\plugins

Unfortunately, it seems that this is not the location from which the debug tab fetches the cordova plugins. The debug tab appeared to still be using 1.1.0.

I updated the org.apache.cordova.file folder in \AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\components\server\cordova-plugins and that allowed me to use the plugin in the emulator tab without issue.

Does anyone know where the debug tab plugins folder is located? Cheers.

PS

This solution will work for the Emulate tab, but I advise against making updates anywhere else, as it may cause issues with other tabs. We are updating the "built-in" plugins for the next release, in the meantime, you can use the latest version of a plugin in your build by specifying the version explicitly in the Projects tab plugins panel or by making the version number blank in that same panel (click the pencil icon that appears when you "check" the plugin to change the version of the plugin that is used during build). –  xmnboy Jan 8 at 17:31

This is an intel dev commenting on the stackoverflow post. sucks that the plugins were not updated for the release last week :(

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Unfortunately, you cannot change the version of the plugins that are included in the App Preview Crosswalk component that is used by the Debug tab. You will have control over that in a future debug tool that is still under development.

You can, however, debug a built app using Chrome and remote CDT. See the image below of a test app running an app built with Crosswalk 10 on an Android device connected over USB. See this doc file for a few hints on how to do this > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools

This is a little slower, because you have to rebuild and reinstall to try any changes, but it does work and will be very accurate. Add a few console.log() messages and take advantage of the console. Notice the app I built is using 1.3.3 of that plugin.

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 3.55.02 PM.png

0 Kudos