Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Upgrading single user licence to floating for VTune

Laurence_E_
Beginner

Is it possible to upgrade a single user license for VTune Amplifier to a floating license or would I have to purchase a new floating license after I'm done with my single user license if I want to get a new floating license?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
James_T_Intel

Did you purchase the license directly from Intel or through a reseller?  If through a reseller, you will need to contact that reseller.  If you purchased through us, please send me a private message with your serial number and I will put you in contact with one of our Business Development Managers in order to determine the best course of action.

0 Kudos
Laurence_E_
Beginner

I'm still trying to decide what license to buy. I know that I will be using VTune personally but some of my co-workers have expressed interest in the software. They might start using VTune in the near future, so I'd like to know if I can easily switch or if I would have to purchase a new floating license after a year.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

I'm asking one of our BDMs to see what the typical process for this would be.  I will update you when I find out.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

If you want to upgrade prior to your license expiration, our BDMs can offer you a credit for the unused period of your support.  Please send me your serial number via private message and I will put you in contact with the appropriate BDM for your company.

0 Kudos
Laurence_E_
Beginner

I've discussed with my colleagues and I think we will be purchasing a floating license to begin with.

Thank you for answering my questions.
0 Kudos