Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Using student license got icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

md_abdullah_s_
Beginner

Similar and separated issue from old thread:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-products-download-registration-licensing/topic/536619

Hello everyone,

I have the similar problem with  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2016 . I also have a Student 1 yr license. I have installed it under (home)/opt/intel-install/ directory. I installed it for one user (not root) in a cluster environment. I used Serial number activation, and it installed successfully. But when I try to use icc it gives me the error. Could you please let me know how can I solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Abdullah 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Abdullah 

Could you try generate the license check-out log and see what happens?

export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG="/tmp/licensecheckout.log"

$ icc -V

Find out the generated /tmp/licensecheckout.log. You can send me the log file through private message.

Note: It is very important that you unset this debugging environment variable once your issue has been resolved or once you have submitted the support request. Not doing so will result in slower performance when the client application is running. Every time you submit a license checkout log, you must make sure that the old log is deleted and the new log has been created before it is attached to your support request.

Thanks.

0 Kudos