Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

V3400 clicking button during design causes framework error

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

If I click a button in design using App Framework 3 I get an error dialog saying For Security Reasons, Framing is not Allowed. When I click OK I get a GitHub webpage load over XDK, The definitive HTML5 mobile javascript Framework.

There is no way to return to XDK, and XDK will not quit from the menu, I have to Force quit and restart XDK.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

I have attached a screen video of the error occurring. I cannot edit my existing post I'm getting Access Denied.

0 Kudos
Mohammed_A_1
Beginner

Thank you for rising this issue. I have same issue and looking for help. I don't know what i did wrong since i have only 2 days using XDK. 

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Navix_S_
Beginner

I have the same issue using Mac OS X version. I'm new and just using prepared template following the tutorial, don't think of any significant mistake I made...?

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

This is a nightmare, its happening now when dragging controls onto designer.

I cannot work with this, it is a major problem.

0 Kudos
Mohammed_A_1
Beginner

Guys, 

I changed the framework as the following and there is no issue. I think problem is with the App Framework V3. 

Hope some one to answer us :) 

Framework.png

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for bringing this up. I was able to reproduce this with App Framework. I've escalated the issue to the AF engineers.

0 Kudos
Sacher_d_
Beginner

The same issue exists on Windows 10 platform.  The same issue exists for my other team members as well. 

We use App Framework 3 for a project.  Just placed a header into the design and clicked on that.  After a second a popup comes up saying "For security reasons, framing is not allowed".  After clicking OK, the application shows github page and there is no way to go back to my design activity, other than to kill the app and restart.

Too much of a trouble.

0 Kudos
Ariska_Hidayat
Beginner
Hi Guys,

Solution for the moment, you can replace it with another framework when creating a new project. You can still use 3 framework cool.
5.PNG
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

BTW -- we have deprecated App Framework as a UI framework for App Designer, and will be discontinuing support for it in future releases of the XDK. See this FAQ for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/app-designer#best-app-designer-framework <

0 Kudos
Mohammed_A_1
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

BTW -- we have deprecated App Framework as a UI framework for App Designer, and will be discontinuing support for it in future releases of the XDK. See this FAQ for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/app-designer#best-app-designer... <

something strange happened again. when i am trying to create  a new project usually it give me option to select which framework i am going to use " the last step". right now i can't i just select the name of project and the path then it automatically select App Framework 3 ? 

can you help ? and can I downgrade my version to previous version ? 

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Me too, I have been testing and found that about every 4th or 5th attempt at creating a project I might get the option to select a framework otherwise I'm stuck with App Framework 3 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a weird bug in the XDK that forces you to the same UI framework if you use the same project name for a new project. See this post and the following posts > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/624082#comment-1867741 < for a solution to the problem.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Paul

Yes I have had this issue before, but these are new projects with different names. Each project I created to test this had a different name to ensure I wasn't getting the same issue as before, but as said in the original thread it can be 4 or 5 new projects before I get prompted for the framework. They default to AF 3.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Nick, please send your global-settings.xdk file from this folder ~/Library/Application Support/XDK/ .

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

The App Framework docs are redirecting to GitHub, which is hijacking the documentation iframe. I'll see about getting this corrected. 

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Swati S,

I have sent you a PM with my global-settings.xdk file attached.

0 Kudos
Andrea_O_
Beginner

Sorry, i've the same problem on both my OS, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Windows 10.

So what i've to do? i've to change from Framework V3 to an other settings? Or i can change something and continue to work on my current project?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrea -- there are multiple issues being discussed in this thread, so I'm not clear on what you are referring to, but I suspect you may need the workaround described here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/659434.

If that is not the issue you are referring to, please start a new thread with the appropriate subject. I'm closing this thread due to the confusing array of issues.

0 Kudos