Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

VTune 2015 Trial Version License Error

S_D_
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded and installed a 30-day trial version of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 today on my windows 64-bit machine. However, after running some profiling, as part of opening the results, VTune is throwing a license check error, similar to below.

License Check Failed

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 cannot find a license file. Data cannot be displayed.

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.

In the About VTune dialog > Details tab, the "License Type" and "Expiration Date" fields are empty.

What do I need to do fix this issue so that I can view the profiled results?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

We now have a workaround for this issue. Please see the following article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel-VTune-Amplifier-Evaluation-Version-License-Error

Also bear in mind. An evaluation license is only good for 30 days. Once it had expired it will no longer be usable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
82 Replies
Argen_B_
Beginner

Hi,

Same issue again.  Please send the license to my email 814679026@qq.com.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Alexia_I_
Beginner

I'm having the same problem.

aingerson@gmail.com

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Alexia,

I've just sent your eval license file to your email.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
jerome_c_
Beginner

Hello Hubert,

I got the same error with VTune Amplifier 2015 [update 2].

I sent you my email address by PM.

Can you please send me the eval license file?

0 Kudos
Stephen_F_
Beginner

I got the same license check failed error on an evaluation version of VTune 2016 on a 64 bit Win 7 system.  Can you send me the needed file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Duke_C_
Beginner

Hey Hubet,
I am having the very same problem also can you send me the license file as well!!
Thanks 
dukechike007@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Duke_C_
Beginner

Hey Hubet,
I am having the very same problem also can you send me the license file as well!!
Thanks 
dukechike007@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Aashish_B_
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded and installed a 30-day trial version of Intel VTune Amplifier XE  in last week on my windows 64-bit machine. However, after running some profiling, as part of opening the results, VTune is throwing a license check error, similar to below.

License Check Failed

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 cannot find a license file. Data cannot be displayed.

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.

What do I need to do fix this issue so that I can view the profiled results?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Aashish,

You need a license file for installation. I've just sent the file (.lic) to your email.

Please chose activation option 'Alternative activation .... Use license file' during product installation.

I hope this hleps.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Violet_S_
Beginner

I am staggered that after nearly a year this is still happening.

I expected better.  I expected to be able to actually evaluate a product, not wait around for poor support guys to send me a work-around license file.

Please. Thank you.

Violet

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

We are working hard to solve this issue but we need more information.  If you encounter this problem, please provide the following information:

• Did you install with a serial number or use the evaluation license built into the product?

• Do you have any other Intel products installed on your system?There may be other products or older versions of VTune

• Did the product ever work for you before you got this error?

• How/where you obtained the software/download?

• What steps you took when you did the install?

• What specific OS are you using, SP level, etc.?

Your input and help in this matter in highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Looks like many of you have encountered this issue, please help us find the root cause of the issue with information listed in "Noga (Intel)"'s reply.

Thank you very much,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Johannes_R_2
Beginner

I am also getting the same issue, could you please send me the license file as well? Thanks!

0 Kudos
M_P_
Beginner

Hi,

having the same problem! Worked last friday, today not.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

M.P. your eval expired last Saturday, thus you cannot use this license any longer. Please answer to my private message I've sent you. Regards, Hubert

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Johannes,

Please answer to my private message I've sent you.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

We now have a workaround for this issue. Please see the following article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel-VTune-Amplifier-Evaluation-Version-License-Error

Also bear in mind. An evaluation license is only good for 30 days. Once it had expired it will no longer be usable.

0 Kudos
andrew_d_1
Beginner

hello,

I cannot get the license either. Please send me a copy to d1hoe24@gmail.com. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bhawna_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I am also facing the same error. Please send me the eval license file.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Bhawna, it appears that your problem was resolved in a separate thread.  For all others encountering this issue, please see the workaround posted at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel-VTune-Amplifier-Evaluation-Version-License-Error.  If the steps here do not resolve your problem, please post a new thread.  I'm closing this thread from future comments.

0 Kudos