Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

WIndows 10 Build 9926 Issues

Jack_K_1
New Contributor II

Heads up for those using Windows 10:

Today, Microsoft automatically updated Windows 10 on my NUC to Build 9926.  After the update I was unable to open any Visual Studio 2015 C++ projects.  Visual Studio reported the following problem: "The Visual Project System Package did not load correctly."

When I looked in the VS log I found the following error: "SetSIte failed for package [Visual C++ Project System Package] E_INVALIDARGS."

This error can be fixed by clearing ComponentModeCache in appData\local\Microsoft\Visual Studio\14.0\.

I also had sound problems - My speakers would not work although the volume indicators were working.  To fix this problem I changed from 16 bit to 24 bit audio.

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Great info Jack, thanks so much!

0 Kudos
RRanj2
Beginner

Great Job, thanks for sharing :))

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Windows 10 is currently up to Build 10074, so hopefully the problems Jack described have been smoothed out.  This build certainly provided superior RealSense performance, at least in my own Unity project.

0 Kudos
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

Thanks for sharing Jack....Build 10074 of Windows 10 Technical Preview is stable and promising. Also Visual Studio 2015 is in RC state. So expect things to improve and change with every release. Keep us posted on your progress. Cheers!!!

0 Kudos
Andre_B_
Beginner

+1 Thanks !

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm also on Windows 10 (the consumer release, not a preview build).  Visual Studio 2015 Community (the free version) is now integrated with the new Unity 5.2.  Sadly I had to uninstall it yesterday and return to using Unity's old MonoDevelop editor.  It was a horrible experience.  I had crashes at runtime all day that made me wonder for a while if it was something I'd done wrong in my coding.  

I suspect it was because Unity had installed the 32-bit version of VS according to my Task Manager window, even though Unity is 64-bit and it was supposed to be compiling scripts for a 64-bit architecture.

And even if it hadn't been crashing, it flags up syntax errors in Unity JavaScript code that aren't really errors because it's just Unity's particular flavor of JavaScript (UnityScript).

0 Kudos