Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Web View doubt

Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Hi, 
I have a little doubt. The Web View in which the application runs using App Preview with the Test Tab, is the native Web View of the device? That is, the same Web View in which  the app runs if I choose for example the option Android in the Test tab?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

The WebView used in Intel App Preview uses the native WebView class to load and view your HTML5 project.

0 Kudos
Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Ok thanks Elroy...

It is supposed, Intel XDK Custom Plugins work over App Preview, unlike  Android I have tested these APIs in iOS and none of them work in this platform.
Why?
It is important to me because I don´t have a developer Apple account and is the only way I have to test some of my apps.

Thanks and sorry for my english

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The legacy Intel XDK plugins are built into App Preview, as are the core Cordova plugins. We recommend you move away from the legacy Intel XDK plugins. It is not clear what you mean by "I have tested these APIs in iOS and none of them work in this platform."

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend using Apache Cordova* plugins in the case of unsatisfactory results with intel.xdk plugins. With the recent release of iOS9, intel.xdk plugins may not work as expected.

0 Kudos