}
}

After executing this code  ... gl==null

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, if "gl==null", it means that the browser is not support WebGL. WebGL is not commonly supported on many mobile platforms

webgl earned after enabling the hardware rasterization in the mobile chrome
Pamela_H_Intel

Anatoly - I don't understand. Are you saying you got it to work?

in mobile chrome (if you enable the hardware rasterization) gl == WebglRenderingContext

in intel xdk gl == null

Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, could you make sure the value you get is "null" in XDK emulator? The XDK emulator is actually an application runs inside node-Webkit which uses web runtime based on Chrome browser. The chrome support WebGL, that means the XDK emulator should support WebGL as well without installing any plugin. I used "console.log(gl)" to have a check, and the output is the object "WebGLRenderingContext". I attach the image, so that you could also double check with your code. 

in Mobile chrome( android): gl==webglRenderingContext

in Intel XDK Emulator: gl==webglRenderingContext 

Intel xdk debug mode: gl==null

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The Debug tab is running in a Crosswalk webview (it is similar to building a Crosswalk app). According to the Crosswalk FAQ pages (https://crosswalk-project.org/documentation/about/faq.html):

Why won't WebGL work in Crosswalk on my device?

Chromium has a blacklist of GPUs which are know to cause stability and/or conformance problems when running WebGL. Chromium will disable WebGL if running on a device with one of the GPUs in this list.

Crosswalk uses the same blacklist. Consequently, if Crosswalk is running on a device with a blacklisted GPU, WebGL is disabled by default.

For more information about which GPUs are blacklisted and when, see the Khronos WebGL wiki.

You are likely testing on such a device.

To fix this, you need to see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/crosswalk#crosswalk-animatable <