Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

What is the best programming language for mobile apps?

anbu2020
Beginner

I mainly want to develop Blackberry apps, but I would like to learn a language that is compatible with as many phone platforms as possible.

Beginner

I think you can use black berry web works, you can build your application using html5 and Java script and the same code can be used in other platform

0 Kudos
Oleksandr_C_
Beginner

Apparently - Java is the best choice. But you should consider C too.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Apparently - Java is the best choice. But you should consider C too... That is why Google's Android is Java-based ( Why? Portability! ). However, Google later realized that it makes sense to provide some support for C and C++ languages and introduced NDK.
0 Kudos
Ricky_J_1
Beginner

Why you are targeting RIM application, I did'nt say BB isn't good but many people just uses iOS or Android devices. I am working as ipad case designer at http://www.kekacase.com/ , but sometimes I partly develop iOS apps.

0 Kudos
Finn_M_
Beginner

For mobile apps, you have a few options. The first thing to do is decide which platform you wish to develop for, as each uses a separate language. For Android, you will use Java for writing apps, Apple's iOS uses Objective C, and for Windows, you have the most options, being able to use Visual Basic, C# or C++.

I have not yet gotten into Windows development, however there are a lot of opportunities, as it is new, and there are not as many apps out yet. Microsoft is also providing a lot of incentives for developers. Between iOS and Android, I would recommend Android because, as previously stated, Java is free, and has many applications outside of mobile development. In order to develop for iOS, you need to use Objective C, and the only IDE you can use is Xcode, which can only run on a Mac, and does not used for much of anything outside of iOS.

0 Kudos
karloswilson
Beginner

According to me, Java is the best programming language to develop mobile apps for android mobile And C and C# are the best programming languages to develop iPhone App and iPad Apps.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Chirag_Chinmay
Beginner

Go for Java, C# or Visual Basic as the SDK's provide a better User Interface using these programming languages.

0 Kudos
Vidura_Dhananjaya
New Contributor II

c++ and java. c# good for windows mobile apps

0 Kudos
Alejandro_J_
Beginner

Android development is commonly in Java but there are C/C++ options available. IOS development revolves around Objective-C to the best of my knowledge.

0 Kudos
Dushan_C_
New Contributor I

It depends on the platform. Java for Android, Objective C for iOS and C#/C++ for Windows Phone 

0 Kudos
Vidura_Dhananjaya
New Contributor II

why you don't try HTML5 

0 Kudos
Ali_k_2
Beginner

For black apps I suggest you to create your mobile apps on Java . 

0 Kudos
Ramith_H_
Beginner

Use phonegap so that it would be easy for building for many platforms. You can use angular js,ionic framework to make your apps function on these platforms.

0 Kudos
Sarah_T_
Beginner

ASP.NET is best for mobile apps development because it is an open source platform that offers by Microsoft. Mobitsolutions has strong portfolio in mobile applications. Further can visit here: http://www.mobitsolutions.com/mobile-application-development.php

0 Kudos
Andrew_J_4
Beginner

This blog is providing good information. I like it.

0 Kudos
Akhil_R_
Beginner
Java is my opinion. I personally prefer java.
0 Kudos
vondes_v_
Beginner

can i make the app like Mobile Recorder 24 with C#? 

0 Kudos
Patil__Ritesh
Beginner

Mobile application development industry in the last five years has multiplied in leaps and bounds, changing the way businesses function worldwide. With enterprises aligning mobile apps to their productivity in the recent times, and with the rapid innovation in mobile devices across platforms; it calls for mobile app developers to write several versions of an application for many different platforms using a single language and many pieces of reusable code.

Once you intend to realize your mobile app idea, it's time to validate it, understand the target market, and narrow down on the platform you ideally would like to build your mobile application on. As soon as that is decided, it’s time to select a programming language, keeping in mind your business strategy to make either native, hybrid, or cross-platform apps. Below are the languages one can use to develop a mobile app.

1. Java
  2. HTML5
  3. Objective-C
  4. Swift
  5. C++
  6. C#

If anyone is interested in reading about web application development services then click on the link. You will find useful info about web app development.

0 Kudos
Jones__David1
Beginner

I think Java is the best choice 

0 Kudos
Johnson__Smith
Beginner

In this digital world, mobile applications are flourishing with each passing day. It is changing the way business function so it is must to have the application for your business. Business entrepreneurs are stepping ahead to develop the application for their business. They are hiring experienced and professional mobile app development company for developing a rich-featured application for their business. But before stepping for mobile app development, it must that the businesses completely analyze the targeted market. Once to complete your market research it's time to choose the programming language. 

While choosing the programming language you must keep your business strategy in mind which will help you to choose the best ever platform for your business. You can opt for either native, hybrid, or cross-platform applications. Here is the list programming language which one can use to develop an effective mobile app for their business as it gets rich supported in android devices.

Kotlin
Java
html5
objective-c
swift
c++
c#

The list of the programming language is endless so you can choose any of the languages as per your preference for developing an application for your business. Just keep in mind that your customer must get the best experience while they use the application.

0 Kudos
biswal__minati
Beginner

Python. Python is an object-oriented and high-level programming language with combined dynamic semantics mainly for web and app development. ...

Java. James A. Gosling, a former computer scientist with Sun Microsystems developed Java in the mid-1990s. ...

PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) ...

js. ...

C++ ...

Swift. ...

Objective – C. ...

JavaScript. 

Learn more from Android App Development Course 

0 Kudos